Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flexible mortgage lender?

Options
  • 20-10-2006 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

is there any lender out there that has a reputation for being a bit easy going when handing out the cash? in other words not too strict and only too happy to throw out the money to you when you apply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

use a mortgage broker, they will take your details around all the lending institutions and find the best deal for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

Ogie16 wrote:
    is there any lender out there that has a reputation for being a bit easy going when handing out the cash? in other words not too strict and only too happy to throw out the money to you when you apply

You obviously have something in mind here. Be a bit more specific and someone here will know if you can get it through the mortgage process or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ogie16

No i don't have anything in mind. I just mean are some lenders quite willing to give an individual a large mortgage when the person might not be earning a great deal or have the capacity to repay. Do some show little in the way of responsibility

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You're not really giving enough information.
    What you are suggesting would be foolhardy in the extreme for a lender (any lender), they would not last very long in the market place.
    There are rules that have to be followed when lending to the mortgage market- while these rules may have morphed into something entirely different from where they were a few short years ago- it is highly unlikely that any lender would leave themselves open in the manner that you are suggesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Ogie16 wrote:
    I just mean are some lenders quite willing to give an individual a large mortgage when the person might not be earning a great deal or have the capacity to repay. Do some show little in the way of responsibility
    All of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Board@Work

I found IIB only too happy to throw money at me. far more than any other lender.

I had to lock into a fix rate for three years however or 1 year interest only.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ogie16

Thats what i mean there now, IIB by the post seem happy to give out maybe more than they should

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

Basically, you get your p60, 6 months bank statements and a generic salary cert (so you dont have to keep going back for more) from work.

Ring up ALL of the banks - get them to mail out the mort. application forms. Fill them all in and see what comes back.

Advertisement