Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icecomms - Terrible service - is it just me?

Options
  • 20-10-2006 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Does anyone have problems with Ice broadband?
    I have broadband for Icecomms and it has gone terrible.
    I was great until about 2 months ago and now its really slow.
    Slower than dialup speeds for the last 2 weeks.
    when i call there helpline they tell me its not a problem on their side i must be imagining it.

you cant use voip with it at all.

I've had broadband by irish broadband and Eircom in the past and i find ice so much worse than these.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭pdw

No it is not just you, my service has been terrible too.
    VOIP is a no go I am so glad I waited a while before deciding to get rid of my landline.

The latency is really bad and so much for a 2mb service I can't even stream youtube videos.

Up till last month I signed up 3 other people for them. All I can say now is stay well clear.

Very Disapointed in the service to say the least, it is a pity because they where a great outfit.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 shakyarms

I'm in Kilcock and and the ice broadband service is totally crap. I see BT are offering BB and a phone for only €2 more than ice's €38 a month. There is a download limit, but I think in all fairness you would be doing very well to exceed it at the speed of the ice connection. My parents have BT for a number of years and it has never given trouble, in fact if I want to sownload something big I pop over to their house. Every time I complain the connection improves for a day or two, but then its back to the same old ****e.
    I think its time to get the phone line in.

Advertisement