Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bit of a scrape..

Options
  • 20-10-2006 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna keep the specifics a little off centre here...ie location but I was on a busy street today in Dublin in rush hour on the outside lane of 3 (the inside lane being the bus lane). A vehicle in the middle lane decided he had enough and wanted to get out of it all and as the traffic moved inches ahead he proceeded to commence a right turn even though my car wasnt fully clear from him (I had nowhere else to go as there was a 40ft in front of me!) so i moved up as far as I could as he started to beep me he swept across the back of my car and bumped me and fcuked off back up the road! I got his reg and saw afterwards he gave me a nice deep scratch on the bottom left bumper :mad: Rang the cops and they said I would have to call in with MY license and insurance etc and they would follow it up!

Now he didnt wreck my car but he did leave the scene and he had to be stupid not to realise what he'd done. I wasnt in the mood of getting parked up to go to a city centre garda station but will do so Monday.
    Anybody been in this boat before? The garda I spoke to didnt sound entirely convincing anything would come of it :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is it worth the trouble? Thats the question you have to ask yourself.

In the morning you'll still be pissed-off when you see it again but I think I'd just think about a bit of DIY filling and spraying.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Report it anyway - it may make things a little easier if you bump into him again. (pun unintended!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Aye, cheers guys, Im sure it can be fixed handy enough its just the dudes attitude that enraged me. I reported it anyway and have to make a statement Monday. The offender will be cautioned at the very least but doesnt mean hes gonna part with any cash :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Report it for sure, its not the point that "It'll polish out" or whatever - this dickhead thinks he can damage other peoples' property and get away with it. Even if he just gets a talking to he might be human enough to behave a bit better in future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You should take the car to the most expensive body shop in town while you're at it.

• Advertisement

dahamsta wrote:
    You should take the car to the most expensive body shop in town while you're at it.
    I was thinking of doing that alright purely because the bloke had a pi55 poor attitude and obviously didnt give a fcuk.

He WILL pay..oh yes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dahamsta wrote:
    Bit of a bummer if he ends up paying for it himself. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

He has the reg of the car, he can bring a civil case against the guy, either for the costs directly or to get his insurance details under discovery. Obviously he shouldn't do it until he's sure this would be possible. Of course he should also pressure the Gardaí to bring a criminal case. I disagree completely with Mike in this regard, I think it would be wrong to let a prick like this get away with it. It's a civic duty imho.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sizzler any chance of a pic of this scrape?

Mike.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

I'll see what I can do but I dont think its going to scare off a garage lol...maybe some vigorous T CUT might do it....but thats not the point...

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    Dont laugh now :o Pic doesnt really show the the depth and it was dark when I got home friday night :(

Advertisement