Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adwords

Options
  • 20-10-2006 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭

hi, i advertise on adwords, at the momemt i am also advertising on googles partner sites (i can stop advertising on partner sites by selecting that option)judging by the sites they list, i doubt they would be of little or any interest to irish users, also i they just ridiculously inflate the "impressions" rate and im sure a few curiosity clicks that wont bring me business but will have to pay for anyway. Obvisouly my ad should only show in ireland, still im wondering how my impressions are so high. google partner sites would be used by a tiny amount of irish id imagine, should i get rid of the partner sites? its a language school i advertise btw... thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I got loads of clickspam from the partner sites so I stopped it and got much less with the ratio of real clicks* to clickspam increasing in my favour.

*as far as I could tell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Depending on how generic your keywords are, the more likely you are to be on thousands of Google partner websites.

You also have to remember it's not going to just show your ads on Irish based websites, but worldwide websites but to Irish audiences.

So it's really down to how well you have developed your keyphrases and how you have entered them into Google adwords.

Personally, I fing the majority of clicks from Google Adwords to be "Curious" visitors as opposed to people looking to avail of your services. But this is obvious. How many times have you clicked on a Google Adword to see what the site is all about?

To make your adwords successful, you need to be grabbing the visitors and hopefully catch them for that impulse buy! But ROI is likely to be on average 2-3%.

Anyway, I suggest spending more of your money on getting listed in the generic search results, you should get a better return! (in most cases)

Tom

Advertisement