Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Antec 900 gaming case

Options
  • 20-10-2006 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

So what do you think of this case.
    http://www.antec.com/uk/productDetails.php?ProdID=08009#

Not sure if it's all plastic on top or high good/bad the panels are on it, but it looks like it has some serious cooling...200mm tricool on top, 120mm on back, 1x120mm's on front, and option to add another, plus option for 120mm on side.

No fan filters though (easily fixed), and having the psu in the bottom could be messy especially if it's sucking in hot air from your gpu. Not to mention having cables long enough to stretch.

I wonder would it be an upgrade over my Akasa case ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

looks fugly but then again so do half the cases out at the moment in my opinion.

but if it does a good job at noise reduction and airflow then what more could you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not so bad, can't see the 200mm fan being any advantage up on top, wouldn't be more of an advantage to have 200mm exhaust at rear & 120mm at top. I don't like having the psu on the bottom unless its got its own compartment.
    I always remove fan filters for more airflow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Gosh...it has a tray on top of the case.
    So do all cases...its called the top of the case :D

Sarcasm over. 200mm fan is just 'mine is bigger than yours'. I like PSU's at the bottom of thew case...makes them easier to carry in my experience but cable management can be a pain.
    I can't see anything special in this one which is unusual from Antec.

I'm off to buy some cut-off discs and start dremelling some more holes in my V2000 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

i think the noise of it would drive you mad after the silent precision flaccus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

stop it :confused: I can't stand it. I'm still torn between this case and the P180. There are so many things about this case that I love, the power buttons on top, the large top fan, and I personally think the tray is a great idea, somewhere to throw my keys or my digital camera when I have it plugged into the USB port... but... its noisier than the P180, and is one step away from being made from chicken wire with a few fans attached.

Everything about the P180 I like, but I hate that there is a door on the front, and that it looks so ugly behind the door so I wouldn't even bother removing it.

If only Antec would give a release date for the P190 then i'd be prepared to wait.

This review and guide is a good thread for info on it. He says it isn't that noisey but afai can see there is NO soundproofing at all for this case, so its really only the speed of the fans which are keeping the noise down. I mean the 200mm fan pushes around 80cfm at 600rpm :eek: His positioning of his 9500 seems a good idea as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

The price at Elara,ie is only €118.00 I assumed it would be dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

They are so cheap because a lot of it is plastic and the majority of the rest of it is mesh. The top is molded plastic as well as the front. Plus without a PSU they don't really have any reason to charge a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Keeping my Mirage 62 I think. Despite a plastic front door which is only slightly better looking then the front of the Eclipse 62, the rest is aluminium, very well screwed together, easiest case I have ever built in, and have not come across a case that cools better yet. Was hoping the Antec would fit the bill but after reading a few descriptions from reviews online it sounds way too plasticky for my tastes. A case that is probably made to appeal to the 'yoof' audience. I also hate blue led fans and bling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Where can i get this in Ireland!! I saw this thing at midlans and its really insane, quality is awsome as usual and i think it looks insane. That 200mm is supposed to be dead quiet as it can spin at low rpm and still move a lot of air, makes sense ;o.
    Its good, who sells she? Saw it at overclockers but would prefer someone local if possible.

Elara.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

TonyM. wrote:
    Elara.ie

I looked but couldnt spot it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i think this case looks tacky, but then again so do most "gaming" cases :(

Advertisement