Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using repeater for weak signal area

• 21-10-2006 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've set up part of a network in a building where they need coverage on the 1st floor at one end, and on the ground floor at the other end.

BB connection is on 1st floor, so I have the wireless router and network running there (1 PC is wired to the router, the other 2 are wireless).

On the ground floor, there is good coverage at the wrong end, but very poor where they want it to be. Running wires is NOT really an option, so my plan is as per the attached diagram.

Basically, I would put a repeater on the ground floor in the room where I have a good signal. This is close enough to the room with bad coverage that I expect it will give us adequate coverage there.

Questions:
    1. Is this a reasonable approach to solve this problem?
    2. What product would suit?

Looking at Linksys WRE54G (http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=307210), which says it works with Linksys routers, but reading the user manual on the Linksys site, it sounds easy enough to configure to work with any make router (1st floor router is a 3COM).

Does anyone have good/bad experiences with this one, or any general config
    tips? Is there likely to be a significant hit to network performance?

Thanks

Advertisement