Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Four people killed in Monaghan crash

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I've read this thread quite a number of times since it started. Has anyone who posted here making allegations of 'playing Chicken' any concrete information that this is what actually happened?
    Were there any witnesses?
    Where did the info come about that one of the cars had no lights on?
    Or, are people just putting 2 & 2 together, and coming up with BS.

If anyone can answer these questions, perhaps they would post a link or name the source of this info.
    I've searched the web for answers to the above, and the only information to be found is this actual thread.

If no-one can answer these questions, then the way the deceased people have been talked about on this forum is shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

gyppo wrote:
    I've read this thread quite a number of times since it started. Has anyone who posted here making allegations of 'playing Chicken' any concrete information that this is what actually happened?
    Were there any witnesses?
    Where did the info come about that one of the cars had no lights on?

well, i came across one of the tabloids (don't know which one) saying the guards refused to rule out rumours of paying chicken.

also, as posted eariler, papers got a picture of the speedo clocked at 150mph.

look at the stats - what we do know.

2.15 am
    Both cars owned by same person
    Most not wearing seat belts
    150mph on speedo
    state of both cars
    head on collision on pretty straight road

it's pretty hard to say this was an 'accident'. Now i'm not saying it wasn't, it's just highly unlikely looking at the facts.

But all the evidence above, tells us at LEAST one of the 2 drivers were acting irresponsibly.

it's important not to brush things under the carpet and just ignore the facts just because these lads are dead.

by highlighting the causes NOW, it could save lives in the future, which surely even the families can understand, hard as it can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

gyppo wrote:
    Has anyone who posted here making allegations of 'playing Chicken' any concrete information that this is what actually happened?

If anyone can answer these questions, perhaps they would post a link or name the source of this info.
    I'm not going to mention names here for obvious reasons. I was told there was a dare made before they set off to play chicken and this isn't the first time that the drivers involved in this crash have driven in such a manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Ah lads, ye are being very harsh. I think ye have forgotten that 5 young people have lost their lives. 5 families are grieving right now. Countless friends, neighbours, work and college acquaintances, etc are also grieving their loss. It's highly insensitive of ye to talk about these lads 'playing chicken', ok maybe they were, but no one has any evidence for that yet, except for some trash you may have read in a tabliod newspaper. If they were playing chicken, yes it was irresponsible but lads remember these are just young lads with their whole life in front of them, people make mistakes and I don't think its fair for all of ye to be judging them. We've all done things that we would prefer to forgot about, we've all done stupid things that might have endangered our lives, thankfully we're still here, tonight 5 young boys are not.

I completely sympathise with a previous poster who happned to know these poor guys, I really do feel for you at this time. He made a good point aswell about the families of this tradgedy seeing this thread, it wouldn't be very nice for them to see this.

Lads, have a bit of respect for the dead and their familes. Or at least don't judge them before we know the full facts.

RIP lads.

Advertisement