Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB - Breeze 2Mb - anyone been upgraded to 3Mb ?

Options
  • 21-10-2006 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

IBB now do Breeze 3Mb, there is no 2Mb.
    It's the same cost as the 2Mb was.

I talked to IBB about a month ago and was told I would be upgraded from 2 to 3 Mb, but it hasn't happened yet.

Has anyone been upgraded ??

Ta !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Looks like ive been upgraded, just did a speed test and got 2.88Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭richardo

Looks like ive been upgraded, just did a speed test and got 2.88Mbps

What mast are you on Dude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

richardo wrote:
    What mast are you on Dude?
    im on the ardmore mast in finglas... downloading a torrent @341kb/s :D

and yes i would say thats most likely why your having ping problems... just wait till tomorrow morning and if its the same give them a ring...

• Advertisement

Still running at 1.8Mb in Bray.

We're always the last......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

The last time there was an "upgrade" I couldn't get them to do it automatically so I ordered an upgrade through sales.

The last time there was an "upgrade", I only found out through Boards. I had to reboot the unit to get it.

IBB told me they would notify me at the time of the upgrade. The last time, the letter arrived about a month later....

I didn't need to do anything... how weird, i didn't even reboot the box :) im happy to be one of the first to recieve this upgrade cause i was always the last with bloody eircon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

2.97mb according to irishisptest and my average ping in Battlefield 2142 is 26 :D Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I was onto IBB today asking about my upgrade. The guy told me all the business customers were getting it first and I'd be after. He couldn't give me a timescale. He also said an enginneer needs to come out to upgrade it.

WTF?

ciaranfo wrote:
    I was onto IBB today asking about my upgrade. The guy told me all the business customers were getting it first and I'd be after. He couldn't give me a timescale. He also said an enginneer needs to come out to upgrade it.

WTF?
    Thats weird... since theres 2 of us on 3mb now :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

That is kinda unusual. I must say im loving this upgrade though, improved speeds and pings :D

broadmc3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Just checked there and I've been upgraded (Business account mind). 3Mbps down and 5Mbps up. All good. Didn't have to reboot aerial or anything.

The important words here seem to be "Business account".

At least we know it's on the way.

I only hope it does something for my upload speed which can be a bit erratic...
    speedgraph.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hmmm...

I still haven't been upgraded :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

i was upgraded last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

by the way i just noticed on the ibb site that they are now selling 2mb for 35.99/mo and they have gotten rid of 1mb so if anyone hasnt been upgraded yet you could always ring them up and ask to be changed to 35.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

got a letter there off them saying i was being upgraded, funny since i cancelled the service a few months ago lol :D

I was assured that I'd be done in a "couple of weeks" on the 1st October.

I was on the Bray mast, but I've since been switched to Fassaroe. So presumably I'm further down the food chain than before!

• Advertisement
Advertisement