Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap GPS in Halfords-Medion GoPal 210 & Garmin C310 - Any good ?

Options
  • 21-10-2006 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

I was in Halfords in Drogheda, having a look around, last night.

They have :
    - Medion GoPal 210 for €239.99
    - Garmin Street Piloy C310 for €269.99

Anybody have any idea what the coverage on Irish Maps is like on these ??

I though they might be a good dead - comparable to the Airis on PixMania - of course it depends on the quality of the maps....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Usually with the likes of Halfords, Curry's, Dixon's you are probably on the verge of getting ripped off. I would not purchase GPS of these companies cos for sure they will be selling older technology ie older maps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

True, but I'm wondering if anybody here has any actual info/data about these units. If they have full Ireland coverage they're a good deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

deadl0ck wrote:
    True, but I'm wondering if anybody here has any actual info/data about these units. If they have full Ireland coverage they're a good deal...
    Do a search on boards and you should find out general info on your query.

I did a search, but nothing really.

I had a look at the Garmin web site, and from their online map viewer the coverage in Ireland for Version 8 of their software is terrible..

I reckon I'll be steering clear and I'll end up going for the Airis one on pixmania.....

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

I have a Garmin C320 they really are top notch!!
    The Irish coverage is really good but cmine is a year old so it might need anupdate...have it 11 months & no trouble with it ever!!

• Advertisement

What version of software is on it ?
    Also - have you tried it on out of the way country roads ?

Advertisement