Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net1 and Blue face

Options
  • 21-10-2006 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Ok just wondering if this would be a good package. Net1 2MB for €45 a month www.net1.ie and then the Blueface unlimited UK and Ireland calls for €99 a year. Total annual cost €639

If I do Eircom bundle with the same it comes to €720

So would it be reliable enough to get rid of Eircom line and just switch everything to wireless. I need the unlimited package as we make loads of calls to the North. I would use the Netgear ATA router from Blueface.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

Before you dump Eircom you should check the contention on the Net1 service and what the usual down- and up-load rates are during the day. You will need at least 20 kB/sec each way for job standard VoIP. Blueface's service can be only as good as your b/band service.

tak (A punter with Digiweb Metro Lite and notions on Blueface)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I'm with Fresspeech and they are fantastic value. You just pay for what you use, and you get 10 mins free every day (to loads of worldwide landlines). Got rid of Eircom a month ago and never looked back

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

According to the website and the package Im thinking of getting its 15:1 contention ratio so I guess its ok and its 2.2MB with unlimited downloads. So im sure Blueface will work ok .

Deadl0ck I will have to check out ''freespeech'' thanks for the link.

Ive decided that i want to get rid of my landline once and for all. Ive got nothing to loose if I plan it right.

Advertisement