Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

badly need help looking for ISP that will supply BB 20 m from my house

Options
  • 21-10-2006 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭

hi all,i live in kilkenny,clara-rural area 5 miles from city.there is a transmitter about 2 miles away but a castle is blocking my line of sight.i can get LOS 20/30 meters in west of me in my field but i cant find a provider that will deal with me.ive tried Irish broadband but im just told that they wont help by phone staff.can anyone think of a company that would not be so strict about having the receiver on my roof?or might it help if i went into an ibb branch and tried to talk to some actualy customer service people.coincidentally,the castle is on my father's farm 80 meters away,might it be somehow possible to get service on the farm and transmit it down to the house?any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

"the castle is on my father's farm 80 meters away" ... is there power at it ? It may help persuade them if there is already power , as for getting it from there to the house that should be no prob at all.

Advertisement