Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol Cheaper Than Diesel and under a euro!

Options
  • 21-10-2006 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't think we would ever see petrol under a euro again and cheaper than Diesel!

Had to snap it and save for posperity!

hooray.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Petrol has been cheaper than diesel in a few places over the past month. Makes no sense.

I am told the wholesale price is to go up again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Its to go down according to the news this morning. Tescos selling unleaded for 99.9 and Diesel for 98.9

Its to go down according to the news this morning. Tescos selling unleaded for 99.9 and Diesel for 98.9

Interesting, I have no inside knowledge, but that is what the local Maxol supplier said. Then again he may be trying to get me to stockpile... (we buy our diesel in bulk... 3 cars on the road, it pays).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

yeah was in tesco the other day and they had ran out of petrol and were only selling diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

What's the going rate for 1000 ltrs of Diesel at the moment, as I'm thinking of getting a Tank....for some reason most petrol stations round Galway seem to be high at the moment...Gort is the lowest I think, 99.9 and Turloughmore 1.02.9 for both...
    GBFM have given it a good blast in the mornings, and helped get the price down.
    Opec is to cut production to try and stop the slide in the price of Crude...
    Nothing for it but I'll have to convert to Poteen and build a Still :D

• Advertisement

Hotwheels wrote:
    What's the going rate for 1000 ltrs of Diesel at the moment, as I'm thinking of getting a Tank....for some reason most petrol stations round Galway seem to be high at the moment...Gort is the lowest I think, 99.9 and Turloughmore 1.02.9 for both...

Paid 98c/L for about that much 3 weeks ago.

It is a lot of money to have tied up in a tank, but it is very handy, and best of all the diesel is much cleaner than the muck you can sometimes get from filling stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Paid 98c/L for about that much 3 weeks ago.

It is a lot of money to have tied up in a tank, but it is very handy, and best of all the diesel is much cleaner than the muck you can sometimes get from filling stations.

Thats a good price...And yep I agree about the quality, I filled up recently in another station and noticed the milage drop compared to where I usually fill up...
    Twas not the good stuff me thinks....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is'nt it a seasonal thing? All the buying for home heating pushes up road DERV prices.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mike65 wrote:
    Is'nt it a seasonal thing? All the buying for home heating pushes up road DERV prices.

Mike.
    But it's cheaper Mike, not dearer??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Longfield wrote:
    Didn't think we would ever see petrol under a euro again and cheaper than Diesel!

Had to snap it and save for posperity!

hooray.jpg
    Kimmage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

But it's cheaper Mike, not dearer??

I was thinking relative to petrol prices, the price of a barrel has fallen by about 25% since August.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Don't forget that different seasons diesel has different additives in it.

ie. In the winter there's stuff put in it to (help) stop it from sludging.
    So basicly you don't want to buy 1000l of the stuff in July to have 700l of it left in October/November

This is what I was told, might not be true

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

maidhc wrote:
    Petrol has been cheaper than diesel in a few places over the past month. Makes no sense.
    Why not? There has been a fundameental shift in the supply / demand of diesel -v- petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Come to Monaghan or Louth where the price reductions dont catch on as quick as price increases.

Prices here are still 104.9-105.9.

Sure why wouldnt the good people up here try and screw ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Victor wrote:
    Why not? There has been a fundameental shift in the supply / demand of diesel -v- petrol.
    Cause its easier and cheaper to refine?

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Cause its easier and cheaper to refine?

Yep....

... and less volatile so it is easier and cheaper to store and transport.

Advertisement