Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conroe - overclocks and temps?

Options
  • 21-10-2006 4:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Please state as much much specs as possible:

Gigabyte DQ6 - rev 1.0, F7a bios | Conroe E6600 Week 28 | OCZ Gamextreme 700W PSU | Creative X-Fi Xtrememusic | WD Raptors ADFD 16MB cache firmware 00NLR1 - 2 drive RAID 0 64k stripe | Gigabyte 7600GS 256MB RAM | G.SKILL HZ 2GB kit 0627 | Scythe Ninja Plus Rev. B + 2 Scythe 120mm fans in push/pull | Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB 22" | Plextor 716SA 0308 with firmware 1.10 | Logitech MX3100 wireless keyboard/mouse | Belkin wireless 54g router | Digital Doc 5+ | 7 CoolerMaster 80mm blue LED fans | Aopen H700A tower case | Windows XP Pro SP2

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=131753

3.4Ghz with beta F7a bios, Vcore set to 1.38750V in bios, memory at +.0375V, no mods on the MCH or FSB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Submit.jpg
    3.25Ghz (360x9). Note the 9hrs orthos stable, 8hrs is the minimum they'll accept in Dfi-street to consider yourself fully stable, not a suicide shot like you've shown. I can run at this speed 24/7, can You?

This is the highest i could achieve with temps within reason, idling at 48-50', maxing at 64-66' depeending on the heat in the house.
    Specs in my old sig:
    sigcolfin22fq3va9.jpg

I've lapped my cpu since but haven't pushed further yet, not gonna get a chance as this mobo's sold. I'll be back with my new mobo (in sig) & cooler or maybe on phase :p

Edit: Knew we crossed paths fairly recently, I posted in your thread on xs today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Don't have any pics yet but am idling at 38 degrees according to Intel desktop control centre, and have never seen it go over 55 under load at 3.6ghz.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

It's not a suicide shot, i'm now 4 hours 7 mins Orthos dual prime stable, i'll let it run 24 hours to be 100% sure.

It's not a suicide shot, i'm now 4 hours 7 mins Orthos dual prime stable, i'll let it run 24 hours to be 100% sure.

Its a nice oc m8, what are your temps like?

Why did you drop to the 8x multi? 9x with less fsb would be alot cooler & easier on the Nb

Cooler on the CPU or the NB?...my temps are a little high for my taste, 60C. Gonna take off the heatsink and see how the AS5 spread.

• Advertisement

Cooler on the CPU or the NB?...my temps are a little high for my taste, 60C. Gonna take off the heatsink and see how the AS5 spread.

:rolleyes: Both m8, when you push up the fsb, your ram & cpu both have to run faster.....therefore heat. I really can't see the advantage of lowering the multi & topping out your ram (could be an advantage if your ram could run at 1100mhz+ & you had both the cpu & nb on water). With your set-up I can't understand why, 377x9 is the same as 425x8, your temps would be a lot lower because of the lower vcore & you could run your ram at tighter timings. Benchmarks would be faster as well.
    I also change the stock thermal paste on nb etc, got 3-4' drop in nb temps when i changed tim on this dfi mobo, I put a fan on it also & got a further drop. I intend to change all tim on my new Abit mobo before i even set it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

E6600 3.2ghz (350*9) : 1gb 7950 GX2 : 2gb 6400 ram : 150gb Raptor : Antec P180 : 680 Watt Enermax : Arctic cooling HSF : Asus P5B Delux : 19" Samsung 4ms : Creative XFi Extreme

idle temps 54C, Max temp 69C
    10 Hours Orthos Stable

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

pogmothoin how come you were telling me not to get the OCZ ram..even you have it in your system and its gonna be in your upcoming rig to?

IgsTer wrote:
    pogmothoin how come you were telling me not to get the OCZ ram..even you have it in your system and its gonna be in your upcoming rig to?

I had them sticks bought b4 all these probs showed up, they work fine & i've have them running at 902mhz. Ocz have had alot of rma's of that ram & there have been compatibility issues, especially with the rev 1's. The rev. 1's like i've got have Elipida chips which are not as good as other sticks with micron chips. I'm just lucky that i've had no probs with mine.

Buy them if ya want, I'm just laying out the facts m8 to help ya with your choice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

haha..kool mate..thanks..i just love the look of them..even doh i know its a stupid thing to base ram on.. :D

but i guess we'll see whats out when im getting me computer.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

just ordered my 6600 and vapochill socket set, so i will be ready to rock in a week or 2 and il have some oc's up

screenshot001mq2.th.jpg

Yipee, got my conroe to 3.6Ghz (360x9) :p
    I've gotta push 1.65vcore (1.59V actual after vdroop) to the chip to stabilise at this speed, so i can't run here 24/7. Orthos is buggy with this mobo (others with the same mobo agree to this), but i've passed 32m super-pi on each core & a loop of 3dmark06. My temps are very low, my max temp with orthos is 58' with case closed at 1.65vcore.

Must turn down my clocks now before i get a bonfire.

I've settled for 3.4Ghz, 1.4V and with Vdroop it's 1.360V. 425x8, memory is running 850MHz with 2.0V and timings of 4-4-4-12.

I'm positive i can hit 3.5Ghz with 1.4250V, but i don't think 100MHz with worth the extra voltage/heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

why are you using the 8X multi, and not the 9X multi ?

Because i want the increased FSB, 378x9 vs. 425x8 vs. 486x7...what would you prefer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Because i want the increased FSB, 378x9 vs. 425x8 vs. 486x7...what would you prefer?

not sure it would make much more of a difference either way

Advertisement