Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for recommends...

Options
  • 21-10-2006 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

hey all,

I'm not a big fan of classical in the conventional sense, but I love solo piano work etc..

been listening to a lot of Ludovico Einaudi and Phillip Glass as of late... was wondering if anyone can recommend similar stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

What Einaudi albums have you listened to?

I know you said you don't like classical music, but some romantic era solo piano pieces are gorgeous. Try some of chopins nocturnes (here) just for fun and see what you think.

Unfortuanately nobody like einaudi comes to mind straight away. Or Glass, for that matter. Sorry man.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

Well, I can't say I'm a fan of either Einaudi or Glass, but a name I would associate with their minimalistic style is probably Michael Nyman. Again, I'm not a fan, so I can't really recommend you.

However, a long forerunner of minimalism (in some respects) that I love is Erik Satie. You probably know his more famous pieces like the Gymnopédies or the Gnossiennes. Any record shop will have a selection of his music. He's one of my old favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I listen to a lot of Didier Squiban - he's a French pianist who does cross over jazz/Breton. I wouldn't have necessarily thought it would appeal to me but it does. And I second Erik Satie - I like his stuff a lot. Also, I like Dario Marinelli's soundtrack to Pride & Prejudice which has some nice solo piano on it.

Advertisement