Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Song.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The Pixies - Cecilia Ann

That's just raw rock right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

it has to be something recent, how about the best song of phantom type released that week

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

it has to be something recent, how about the best song of phantom type released that week

no it doesn't... could be one of the old station anthems... like npb - feeding frenzy!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

was trying to rememebr who that was by the other day! thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Ah Feeding Frenzy would be ultimate! That was like the first song I heard on Phantom.. back when that had those ads for the Tattoo parlour..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Rockiemalt wrote:
    was trying to rememebr who that was by the other day! thank you

Ah so was I! :p yeah that would be a brilliant song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

omg it should be america by razorlight!!!
    isn't that a bit mainstream for an alternative music station?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Well, the promo on the test transmission is playing "In the morning" by said band.

Isn't that part of Phantoms cause, to make alternative/indie/rock more accessible? To use a crap phrase, the "sound" of Razorlight, The Feeling etc fits in well with Phantom hooking more listeners in, "if you like that band, here's more music you might like", without alienating its core audience thats been around since pirate days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Joy divison - "Transmission" got my vote if only to hear this great song played on Irish radio. His voice is so unusual sounding that it will entice new younger listeners too young to know, too wild to care...

Plus it's rock, it's indie, its powerful music and it's apt for the situation!

"Radio, Live Transmission..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Just nominated "On Your Radio - Joe Jackson"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Eels - Mr. E's Beautiful Blues

Or maybe

Shout Out Louds - The Comeback

EDIT: Damn, should've nominated "Into The Airwaves" by Jack's Mannequin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

DMC wrote:
    Well, the promo on the test transmission is playing "In the morning" by said band.

Isn't that part of Phantoms cause, to make alternative/indie/rock more accessible? To use a crap phrase, the "sound" of Razorlight, The Feeling etc fits in well with Phantom hooking more listeners in, "if you like that band, here's more music you might like", without alienating its core audience thats been around since pirate days.

sorry the music snob in me was rearin its ugly head, tinged with a slight dislike for razorlight... i like to look for music i might like, and only occasionally do i hear of a good band by accident. but i guess the majority of the population doesn't have the luxury of time on their hands that i have, so they have to be told what to... sorry there goes the musical snob again... they need to have things recommended to them. i think the first song should be something that nobody's ever heard before, even the most hardcore phantomfm fans... which probably makes it a good thing that i'm not choosing the first song. i wonder though will they go straight into the first song or will there be an introduction? i have it!!! the first song to be played on phantom should be the new Phantom 105.2 jingle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

So what was the first song?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

"Today", by The Smashing Pumpkins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

DMC wrote:
    "Today", by The Smashing Pumpkins
    An excellent choice, especially seeing as they're in the studio at the moment recording their new album....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

OFDM wrote:
    An excellent choice, especially seeing as they're in the studio at the moment recording their new album....

today is the greatest day ever ha

Advertisement