Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick the first song to be played on Phantom 105.2!! Win tickets to our launch party!

Options
  • 21-10-2006 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

NEWSFLASH!

Well we had a big pow-wow about what the first song should be and we knew that sooner or later you guys and gals would have this debate as well. So we decided, what better way to open Phantom 105.2 then let you nominate the song that will be the first played on 105.2!

Not only, that if you make a nomination we'll put you in a draw to win tickets to the Phantom 105.2 Launch Party at the Village on October 31st and if you are one of the people who nominated the chosen song you could be getting a shiny new iPod as well!

So here's how to do it~

http://www.phantom.ie/firstsong.htm

And don't forget to come back here to discuss your nomination and why!

Phantom 105.2 will go on-air at 12 midday on October 31st! Tell your friends.
    MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/phantomfm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

I picked Freedom by Rage Against The Machine because the riff IS Phantom!

Also, its FREEDOM!!!! from all the stupid court cases

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I've picked "Better" by Guns N'Roses, cos it'll be a new beginning for Gn'R when the single comes out, and it's a new beginning for Phantom.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Paul Mc

The Guillemots, We're Here.

'Cause ye're here then.

No?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

For a bit of irony, maybe It's The End Of The World As We Know It by REM?

There's something fresh and first song-ish (but very cliché) about Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Last Splash by Breeders though tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

Joy Division - Transmission

It has to be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭bobzee

Surely it has to be something irish

I would go for something like Happy Day from Stoat....an old favourite represents what phantom meant to me and lots of other people...playing an eclectic quirky mix of alternative music....that you could not hear on any other station..a side of Ireland that has had no voice since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ryaner77

The masterplan by oasis !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

The Boys Are Back In Town? The Long And Winding Road? :rolleyes:

Actually, The Boys Are Back In Town wouldn't be bad at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I voted for "The Comeback" by the Shout Out Louds. Pretty self-explanatory really. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

I voted for "Shady Lane" by Pavement

it will always be a pure Phantom song for me, don't know if I've ever heard it anywhere else. And of course often played at the early Phantasms!

notable mention to "Ghosts" by Mark Geary to keep running with the ghoulish theme

roll on tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I voted Freak Scene by Dinosaur Jr.

Although considering the shocking omission of Dinosaur Jr. from the gigs guide I doubt Phantom would play it, although I've never listened before so I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Dionasaur Jr would be right up our street. Apologies about the gig guide - it hasn;t been updated in a while as I've been snowed under!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Sweet. I must listen a bit over the next few weeks.

Advertisement