Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the hell...

Options
  • 21-10-2006 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Goth kids were marching down O'Connell street carrying signs reading "The Black Parade", anyone else see them today? Any idea what that is all about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ah yer not serious are ya?? :D:D

My Chemical Romance, a gothy pop/punk/rock band, are releasing their new album ''The Black Parade'' this week and I suppose going by the ''Street Team'' advertised on their website they're brainwashing a bunch of angry dumb 15 year olds who don't know better into giving them free promotion of their album by parading around streets, pile of **** tbh

I hate goths so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Ah yer not serious are ya?? :D:D

My Chemical Romance, a gothy pop/punk/rock band, are releasing their new album ''The Black Parade'' this week and I suppose going by the ''Street Team'' advertised on their website they're brainwashing a bunch of angry dumb 15 year olds who don't know better into giving them free promotion of their album by parading around streets, pile of **** tbh

I hate goths so much!

If that's what it was about, that's ridiculous! Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 -Kosh-

****, don't tell me that's what it was? My gf and I watched the My Chemical Romance video last week and laughed our arses off at how ridiculously stupid it was...

So let me get this straight, these "alternative rebels" are perfectly willing to march for a ****ing album by a ****e band, while elsewhere people are marching for a proper healthcare system? I'm no Sinn Feiner, but you know, it's at least something proper to march about. ****ing hypocrites. They're so alternative they're actually corporate puppets.

Goths are fine. It's just the little corporate sluts that do **** like this that piss me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Oh good god, it's amazing what one google search can throw up....

Prepare to be horrified, click the link and read the blog.... http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=1998468258

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

-Kosh- wrote:
    marching for a proper healthcare system? I'm no Sinn Feiner, but you know, it's at least something proper to march about.
    Gerry Adams (Sinn Fein/IRA) was highlighting the unacceptable low mortality rate in some sections of society. This from an organisation who had no problem in supporting the premature deaths of many people in the past. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 -Kosh-

Wishhbone Ash: Did I say I support Sinn Fein or Gerry Adams? I'm simply saying that a march about healthcare is much more relevant than Dublin 4 rich kids gallivanting around pretending to hold some "demonstration" because of some ****e album.

Elites: Oh of course, it's all the free market, whatever. Why let young people have political consciousness when you can have them do a public demonstration of how big consumerist whores they are. Great job record labels!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

-Kosh- wrote:
    Wishhbone Ash: Did I say I support Sinn Fein or Gerry Adams? I'm simply saying that a march about healthcare is much more relevant than Dublin 4 rich kids gallivanting around pretending to hold some "demonstration" because of some ****e album.
    I wasn't having a go at you Kosh.:eek: I was just making a point (off topic) as you reminded me of the SF march today. Apologies for any offence taken. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Saw all them Emo's there yesterday around Central Bank with their signs and stuff. I found it quite amusing. I wasnt quite sure what "The Black Parade" was so I gave them all the Black Panther salute. I thought it was some 60's civil rights march.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

And heres me thinking they were just promoting their new clothing line. :rolleyes:

Twas quite funny though, Winters and I didn't know wtf was going on. I hadn't walked through the Central Bank plaza in ages so I had forgotten how weird they all look congregating in the one (weird) place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Winters wrote:
    Saw all them Emo's there yesterday around Central Bank with their signs and stuff. I found it quite amusing. I wasnt quite sure what "The Black Parade" was so I gave them all the Black Panther salute. I thought it was some 60's civil rights march.
    They might as well have had signs that read "Look at Me!".

I'm sure many of the whingey little middle-class attention seekers will be working in banks quite soon, so the irony isn't lost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement