Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hallowe'en ball

• 21-10-2006 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

has anyone heard anything about the Hallowe'en ball? I presume it's this Thursday but that is not confirmed.

I am very pissed off at the Students Union, This time last year we had atleast 3 balls already, so far this year we have only had one! I mean wtf! There is no way the V.P. will stay in office for another year. What happened to the pointless but brilliant balls like the "back to college ball" or the "it's Thursday ball"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

organise an outdoor ball in rockfield, sure isnt there one there every night ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

outdoor sessions are great, unless it pisses rain. You just can't beat a good college ball. I have only been to about 5 balls where I can say I was glad I went to it, the rest are more 'meh, it had it's moments'

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

I propose outdoors in College Heights. It can be known as the "All Destruction And Mayhem, All The Time" ball. Rain could only make things more interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i heard its this thursday in velvet in newry, not too bad if it is, as long as its not in carrick!

the balls were a disaster last year! they were in amber every week! completely pointless cos amber is free in and 3 euro a drink when theres not a ball!

two years ago there was a ball every two weeks, was great and that was a female vice president, bring her back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Merrick wrote:
    I propose outdoors in College Heights. It can be known as the "All Destruction And Mayhem, All The Time" ball. Rain could only make things more interesting...
    Nah, what you're forgetting is that rain actually makes people riot less. Makes them want to get out of the wet actually.
    It's true; I saw it on Wikipedia! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Nah, what you're forgetting is that rain actually makes people riot less. Makes them want to get out of the wet actually.

No no, in an student ideal riot, everyone would be too wasted to care about rain.
    K.O.Kiki wrote:
    It's true; I saw it on Wikipedia! :D

Ergo, it must be right :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

well, what did everybody think of the halloween ball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

No offense, but is balls *ALL* that the Students Union do? I don't see them rallying for the fact we're all going to have to pay to park next year? They will rally for canteen staff, but do nothing for the students but arrange ****ty little balls as if we're all 15 years old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

if you want something done talk to your class rep, then he/she'll bring up the motion at the meetings, if they're worth their salt

Advertisement