Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oatibix - a good breakfast ruined.

• 21-10-2006 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

What were 'they' thinking of? I have a 24 pack (unfortunatly) of this badly judged food, unlike Weetabix the oat biscuit turns very soggy in milk while its crispy hard without any, basicly you have to eat it very quickly or enjoy baby-food! Worse though is the flavour or lack of - its totaly bland.

Avoid, unless you want to buy a pack for the sake of history as I predict this product will be off the shelf in 6 months.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

but i love soggy food!! There was a stage where I wouldnt eat my cereal until it had got soggy...that was all cereal: Cornflakes, Rice Krispies, Cheerios, etc... I eat them crispy now too but a lot of the time i still leave them to go soggy. SO delicious!!
    Havent tried Oatibix yet tho, but I love oats, and Weetabix, and soggy cereal, so by the sounds of it, I'd say I'd love them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sounds like one to avoid alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭deisemum

My children love weetabix but I bought a packet of oatabix to see what they're like. Not one of us liked them, could only stomach a spoonful or two. They are disgusting, by far the most bland breakfast cereal we've come across. :eek:

I suppose I could use the left over ones for art and crafts activities, they could be useful when making bird's nests.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Absolute muck. Threw the box of it into the bin yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

They've just added this to the selection of cereals in the canteen where I work and I tried it last week. Didn't like it at all (then again, I'm not the world's biggest Weetabix fan either) - very bland. I'll stick to porridge if I want oats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Soulgirl

I had the misfortune to buy these - they are appauling. A complete disaster. They go chewy really quickly in milk and taste is similar to an old dish cloth or sweat socks or something! I normally have All Bran or plain porridge, so its not as if I'm weaning myself off sugar puffs, but I cannot see how anyone would enjoy this as a breakfast. Any suggestions for what to do with the 22 odd Oatibix that are left ?!:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I bought these when they first came out, and they were pretty sucky. I got the ones with raisins and apples in them, so they weren't completely tasteless, but I still quickly stopped eating them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Like eating hob-nobs in a bowl of milk. My son loves them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

I love them. Probably because I love soggy mushy food!

Advertisement