Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cars that might have been.

Options
  • 21-10-2006 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Some cars that might happen yet, at least they made it in someones imagination.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

If the front of the last car was changed along with the colour scheme, it wouldn't look half bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think the third one has potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

I think they are all ugly and badly proportioned.

Number 1 is just wrong

Number 2 came close to being nice but its too small, that huge grill doesnt work on a car of that size.

Number 3 needs to lose the boot and more

Number 4 Wtf, how ugly can the front of a car be. dont even get me started on those wheels.

But thats just my two cents, and I'm no expert. Thats my best guess as to why (Thank God) those cars didnt make into production.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

They're only photoshop jobs, you can't expect the proportions to be exactly right. I suppose you have to imagine how the basic idea would look were it to be properly executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I'm waiting to see one of these! :cool: HSC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It looks like a poormans Mclaren F1 but in fairness to Honda they know how to build cars and high performance cars at that without all the tedious fiddly stuff that the Italians seem to know all about, like taking out the engine to do the tappets after 3k miles or similar for a timing belt, or having to rebuild an engine after 5 or 6k miles. Hondas just seem to run forever.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Are Honda puting that car into production? I taught it was a concpet without potential to be builth!
    Not that i would mind them building it, its quite nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

This is a car that has been and now in later mk 3 guise. Included are some other cars from this coachbuilders range. Ive seen two of these in this country and I believe there are more of them out there.

I saw one of those Jaguar/Micras for sale in a garage by the Horse and Jockey recently.... a truly hideous looking thing, completely out of proportion, what where they thinking.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

How about this one................

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamrock_(car)

• Advertisement

I remember reading about them, I think there's only one left, if I recall correctly they handled better on water than they did on land.;) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

jozi wrote:
    Are Honda puting that car into production? I taught it was a concpet without potential to be builth!
    Not that i would mind them building it, its quite nice :D

It's rumoured to be the replacement for the NSX, which is another lovely car. I actually know someone that swapped their Ferrari 360 spider for a model 2000 NSX. when I asked them why they said it was a better more exciting car to drive. At the moment I can only dream about driving one, but it's at the top of my wish list at the moment. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

alfa_romeo_nouvola.jpg

alfa_romeo_nuvola_rear_angle.jpg

Alfa Nuvola, I think it looks pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

mercb.jpg
    MB F400
    merca.jpg
    MB C111

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

maidhc wrote:
    mercb.jpg
    MB F400

This one reminds me of a Peugeot concept car, don't know the name, maybe someone else will, it's rear wheels were set really close together so it was nearly like a 3 wheeler

Advertisement