Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're games ideas

Options
  • 21-10-2006 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

What game idea would you love to see made? Personally I'd love to see a stealthy-ish Batman game that had you playing some part as Bruce Wayne.

La la la la la

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I've always wanted something along the lines of "Space: Total War". The same basic principles as the other total war games but in space with Battleships, bombers, fighters etc. The whole gamut.

Throw some planetary invasions in there and its extra cool.

The closest I've seen is Galactic Civilisations II but the actual fighting was more like a movie, no strategy at all, whoever had the best ships won.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i've loads of ideas, and hopefully i'll make a career out of them. so i'm not telling you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Hemogenia: Legions of steel, is sort of like that. Except they try to do it all in real time and there is some form of a narrative to the single player.

Skirmish though plays out like the campaign to either a total war or civilisation game (except like i siad in real time) and is quite fun, though the strategy isnt the deepest.

Games I'd like to see hmm.

I'd like to see a multiplayer Castlevania (I know one is coming) that has it that each player has the game running in one of a number of historical era's and that you hook up with other players over wifi to unlock certain parts of the castle with them.) so to get 100% in the game you'll need to play it both on your own and also teaming up with other players to help them and yourself. (I.E you play support to their castle and help them complete an area, but you get an artifact that allows you access to a new area in your castle.)

Storyline would be something along the line of Castle Dracula breaking on its time axis sealing characters (the players) from numerous different eras within its walls. Only the main hall is consistent in all timezones, and you must team up with the players of different eras to unlock all of the castles secrets (each area would be different depending on which character era is leading the group.)

Release it on the DS too for maximum fun.

I've put up other ideas before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Another Batman idea! A totally free roaming, detective adventure, based on the comics. You could find clues, if you reached the scene of the crime before the police and the plot would involve many Batman villains. The Batman and Robin game was like this, using the plot from the terrible film of the same name. Ideally, this game would actually be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I actually invented Mario, I just didnt have the funds to get the project off the grounds. Unfortunately, Nintendo did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've been brewing an idea in my head for quite sometime. Set in a completely free roaming town, a bomb is detonated that affects everyone except those with a certain blood group. Naturally, the other folk become zombiefied, and the others must try to escape.
    It has the kinda Half Life immersiveness (no cutscenes etc...) and you can use practically anything as a weapon. There's also a zombie zoo level, which i think could make the most random enjoyable level (imagine being chased by a zombie rhino / giraffe). I also thought it would be cool to just explore the city before the bomb hits, and just take it all in.
    That's it in a nutshell, without the twists of course ;). By the way patent pending, patent pending, patent pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I honestly came up with the socom game using the headset. I tought of it when we had a first year project to invent a game, this was before they even had the idea to do it. Pissed me off to when it came out. I failed my project "It would be stupid and wouldn't work" was what the teacher said. Then they bring Socom 2 or 3 years later and half the class goes out and buys it:mad: :mad: :mad: .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I am?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Hemogenia: Legions of steel, is sort of like that. Except they try to do it all in real time and there is some form of a narrative to the single player.

Played it, complete pants.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've been brewing an idea in my head for quite sometime. Set in a completely free roaming town, a bomb is detonated that affects everyone except those with a certain blood group. Naturally, the other folk become zombiefied, and the others must try to escape.
    It has the kinda Half Life immersiveness (no cutscenes etc...) and you can use practically anything as a weapon. There's also a zombie zoo level, which i think could make the most random enjoyable level (imagine being chased by a zombie rhino / giraffe). I also thought it would be cool to just explore the city before the bomb hits, and just take it all in.
    That's it in a nutshell, without the twists of course ;). By the way patent pending, patent pending, patent pending.

Go play Dead Rising. Basically the same thing.

I want a game where you blow stuff up. With lots of guns. And lots of female nudity thrown in for good measure. Duke Nukem 3D is the closest but even that didn't have nearly enough of all three.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I want a game where you blow stuff up. With lots of guns. And lots of female nudity thrown in for good measure. Duke Nukem 3D is the closest but even that didn't have nearly enough of all three.

Go play black. Basically the same thing. Without the nudity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Go play black. Basically the same thing. Without the nudity.

I did. Beat it in 4 hours and felt robbed for paying 40 euros on it when there are far better games out there. Lack of female nudity was duly noted.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I did. Beat it in 4 hours and felt robbed for paying 40 euros on it when there are far better games out there. Lack of female nudity was duly noted.

True wasn't as good as hyped. A couple of women running around naked would have knocked it up at least two stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Zillah wrote:
    Played it, complete pants.

Ahh now, thats not fair, i really liked Hemogenia.

Actually i had to come up with a game idea a while ago, as part of my coursework, The one i settled on was a game where you taking the role of a movie special effects guru, whose speciality lies in over the top explosions. Basically it boiled down to having to set up hollywood style explosions and trying to rack up a highscore based on the damage you cause.

Still haven't gotten it back from the lecturer, i hope the barsteward has gone down the road to rockstar and tried to flog the idea to them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i've loads of ideas, and hopefully i'll make a career out of them. so i'm not telling you :p
    I'm in a similar position, only I'm not too bothered by whether I make a career out of it or not.

Currently one of my games has been completed, one is nearly completed and one I just started, a hell of a lot of work for a 2 man team working in their own free time doing pretty much everything from scratch.....Still I'm not telling what they are-mostly cause the only one that's finished came out quite **** :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'd love to see a RTS looking and playing exactly like Sudden Strike 2, but you could build your tanks out of tank factories and train your infantry in a barracks. Only certain maps would have airfields and naval units. Supplie lines must be protected, these would be main roads and railway lines etc etc. I'd definatly but it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

There's also a zombie zoo level, which i think could make the most random enjoyable level (imagine being chased by a zombie rhino / giraffe).
    I could be wrong here, but that sounds like something they used in one of the Resi Outbreak games... I seem to recall pics of a zombie elephant from one of them anyway:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

I had a deadly idea there a while back. Wrote it all down in some a4 pad that I can't find. Twas along the lines of Chaser type thing, only good.

tman wrote:
    I could be wrong here, but that sounds like something they used in one of the Resi Outbreak games... I seem to recall pics of a zombie elephant from one of them anyway:p

It was in Resi Outbreak 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Reganio 2 wrote:
    I honestly came up with the socom game using the headset. I tought of it when we had a first year project to invent a game, this was before they even had the idea to do it. Pissed me off to when it came out. I failed my project "It would be stupid and wouldn't work" was what the teacher said. Then they bring Socom 2 or 3 years later and half the class goes out and buys it:mad: :mad: :mad: .

lol hard luck. I remember years ago telling my friends about 2 ideas I had. One was in a medievel setting where you play a thief and the other was a modern day hitman game. Got seritously paranoid years later when Thief and Himan were released!

Actually had another idea that I was going to make as a little Flash game. It's called "Slappy Davis Junior". Basically, there's a cartoon face of Sammy Davis Junior staring at you. The mouse icon is a hand, and you whip it back and forth at various speeds to slap Sammy about. The object is to hit him to the point where his glass eye pops out, but if you beat him to death in the process, you lose! There's a few similar games out there, but they lack the delicate intricacies of mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

humanji wrote:
    lol hard luck. I remember years ago telling my friends about 2 ideas I had. One was in a medievel setting where you play a thief and the other was a modern day hitman game. Got seritously paranoid years later when Thief and Himan were released!

Actually had another idea that I was going to make as a little Flash game. It's called "Slappy Davis Junior". Basically, there's a cartoon face of Sammy Davis Junior staring at you. The mouse icon is a hand, and you whip it back and forth at various speeds to slap Sammy about. The object is to hit him to the point where his glass eye pops out, but if you beat him to death in the process, you lose! There's a few similar games out there, but they lack the delicate intricacies of mine :D
    lol what I would give for that "try not to slap sammy to death" game, Maybe people are following us around robbing our ideas and making money off them. I will try think of other gaming ideas and get back to you's I have thought of a lot of great games and told my mates just can't remember them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

id like a game like burnout,with various weapons,mines ,rockets.machine guns,oilslicks,not too fast so you can set traps,with multiple shortcuts,obstacles, ie blow up a bridge,the wreckage slows down your . opponent,drop a grenade it makes a crater ,which slows your enemys.you can drop proximity mines etc,your objective destroy all other cars to win the race like death race 2000 film,burnout 3 is great.its just so fast,doesnt give you much time to think.The big cars can knock you off the road,the smaller cars go faster,each car has 1 unique weapon,ie flamethrower etc,like rollcage with better graphics.with destructible scenary,ie blowup a wall drive thru a building,make your own shortcut.when you win race you get extra ammo,the fastest car wont necessarily win the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Planetside with combat in space. Big mother fuking battle cruisers shooting the **** out of each other, launching space fighters, boarding crews to destroy enemy ships. It would PWN.

Advertisement