Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rifle Scope

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭flight93

Looks good to me! Not the best scope on the market, but represents vaule for money. You should take your time, dont rush into buying stuff. Try out as much equipment as you can in a club before you buy anything. You will often get the chance to buy quality second hand stuff clubs. Remember, even the best scope, on the best gun isnt much good withoud quality mounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

ill second that,theres no point in putting all yur money into a good gun without going the whole hog,john greene in waterford has some good optics and they aint too expensive either,he brings in a brand called simalux from germany i think and uses it on his 6.5x284 ,btw get a scope that suits your pocket and purpose not what anyone else "says",the "oh dont buy that it was useless on my gun"

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

I have the Swift 6-18x44 mildot scope on my 22lr it is a bit much for a 22 but the sight picture is nice and clear even in low light as said above its a grand scope for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

An old adage is;Buy the best scope you can afford,and keep the change for the rifle.Still holds true these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dont buy a cheap scope,i can tell ya from experience they arent worth a damn and lose thier zero in no time flat,then when you go to adjust the thing it turns out to be knackered alltogether.I like tasco scopes,very hardwearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Depends what you mean by cheap i would say dont buy unbranded scopes that you don't know to be genuine this is particlarly a problem for tasco's theres alot of scopes made with a tasco stamp and arent worth the metal they're made out of.

I bought a hawke reflex scope for €50 which is pretty cheap buts its a good scope has held its zero fine for the last year despite the odd knock. I would hardly make any adjustments to it though i have it set for the ammo i want and leave it.

If you are going to be making alot of sdjustments your better off getting a quaility scope with target turrets

Advertisement