Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise-and-fall road bollards in Manchester

Options
  • 22-10-2006 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

CCTV cameras have filmed numerous cheeky drivers doing battle with the infamous rise-and-fall road bollards of Manchester - and losing.

The 3ft-high barriers which sink into the street to let Metroshuttle buses through, have been installed because of the area's high road casualty rate.

Yet drivers are risking their cars - and their safety - by following buses through, despite warning signs.

Have you seen these things in action?

http://arbroath.blogspot.com/2006/10/drivers-fail-to-beat-bollards.html

Watch the video.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mjbo

Classic !!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Very good.

Just saw this one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XkCN7ci4PBU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Very good.

Just saw this one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XkCN7ci4PBU

That ones a bit anti-jewish isn't it?

But those other 2 videos are brilliant, the one with the commentary has a better picture though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Recon wrote:
    That ones a bit anti-jewish isn't it?

Sorry about that. Nothing to do with me...

I just thought that one was slightly more interesting due to the damage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Don't know wether or not I should have laughed, funny though.

Amazing the amount of people who still won't wear seatbelts.

Sparks400 wrote:
    Amazing the amount of people who still won't wear seatbelts.

I'm sure I saw that a few of those people got their heads bounced off the windscreens.

Be safe, wear a seat belt! (or something like that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭The_Magoo

Passenger in the van definitly kissed the windshield. Surprised the council havnt got in trouble, Tyre spikes would be a better idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

That muppet in the black Kia jeep should be shot.
    He has a kid in the car, and he accellerates in a pedestrian area. What an arzehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The_Magoo wrote:
    Passenger in the van definitly kissed the windshield. Surprised the council havnt got in trouble, Tyre spikes would be a better idea.
    spikes sticking out of the ground in a pedestrian area probably wouldn't be a good idea

• Advertisement

spikes sticking out of the ground in a pedestrian area probably wouldn't be a good idea

I'll just walk across this pedestrian crossing to get to that ARGHH!!! Fecking spikes, they should put bollards here instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't remember who said it but he suggested a law to remove seatbelts and installing a big spike in the center of the steering wheel.
    Would sure speed up Darwinism, and prevent tail gating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

That video is a laf.
    I've seen those bollards in action in Blanchardstown aswell. I have seen the buses go through on numerous occasions, but no one was daft enough to try to follow them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Lol. :)

Advertisement