Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X1950XTX Temps

Options
  • 22-10-2006 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Here are my temps in my new rig all components at stock

IDLE----LOAD-Half Life-2
    LOAD-GTR2
    Case
    CPU
    ATI

Using an Antec Sonata II without Air tunnel and:

2*12CM fans One pulling air in from front by 2 hard drives @ full RPM & one exhaust at back of case @ low RPM.

CPU is 6600 and Blue Orb II (Great cooler IMO)

Should I bump up the fan rpm's on the Radeon ?

What do you think of the temps in general ?

/Edit ... Just thinking this might get a better response in building or tweaking

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What you using to measure temps on your cpu. I don't trust most software, core temp is the only utility i could trust as it reads from a sensor on the die of the chip. Most utilities are way off.
    http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=575&sid=62a578fc295c3083577fe235e4d43c46

The XTX is a hot running gpu, some1 with 1 might post their temps.

Any chance of a pic of the inside of your case?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Using the Gigabyte Easy Tune Software on the DS4 to read the temps just after I exit a game (so in fact they are probably a few degress higher).

Using ATI Catalyst to read the ATI temps

ll post a pic later on or tommorow. Thanks for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Heard alot of complaints bout easy tune. Try core temp.

Finally got around to taking a pic :)

Im curious to see what temps people are getting, heres mine since I moved one of my hard drives for more air intake.

IDLE
    LOAD
    Case
    37-38
    CPU
    31(35-37*)
    36-39(52*)--
    ATI
    72-76

Temps read using Gigabyte EasyTune
    * Temps as read from Core Temp

1003304eb5.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

emmm, where's your intake again? Are you talking about the fan in the middle of your case sucking the hot air off your HDDs and blowing it onto your VGA? Is there another fan ACTUALLY intaking air? because otherwise i'd say that 12cm fan in the middle is doing more bad than good. Is there no way to mount it so that its pulling in air from outside the case? The Sonata is a pretty cramped case as well so you have to expect high temps using such a high end vga.

Heres some things you can try and record temps after each change:
    1. Remove the middle 12cm (this might allow the hot air to actually rise and be exhausted rather than getting circulated which I think is happening)
    2. Remove the pci back plates and put the 12cm fan back in the middle (this will cause you to lose positive pressure inside your case but it might allow an avenue for the hot air off the vga to exhaust)
    3. Run your temperature readings with the side panel off.
    4. get a better air cooler ;)

• Advertisement

Yup thats the intake fan on the sonata!

When you say get better air cooler I presume you mean the Radeon? ... wont be doing that dont want to void the card.

Are my temps high in general ?

EDIT : Don't mind if they're a little high I just want to make sure they're not too high being my first "gaming" build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

^whitey^ wrote:
    Yup thats the intake fan on the sonata!

When you say get better air cooler I presume you mean the Radeon? ... wont be doing that dont want to void the card.

Are my temps high in general ?

EDIT : Don't mind if they're a little high I just want to make sure they're not too high being my first "gaming" build.

Temps are ok. Not great but ok.

It would be nice to see the case temps more towards 30 degrees, but as long as you dont start hitting high into the 40's you should be ok.

CPU could be cooler, but 50 degrees at load is ok. If it starts going higher, get a better cpu cooler.

Gfx card: 70 degrees sounds about right for a gfx card.

Yea I was kinda worried about the graphics card I think its because of this

Advertisement