Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New telephone line

Options
  • 22-10-2006 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Dont know if this is the best place to ask this question, but it was the only place I could think of!

In a new build, I currently dont have a phone line physically running into the property. Neighbouring houses do. I just realised that I havent actually left any provisions for Eircom running a new line in!

Does anyone know how they generally get a line run into a property? Is it a bit like getting gas installed where they have a gadget that bores a hole underground?

Cheers,
    Jab

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

I don't think Eircom use the worm, they would expcet you to put in a duct to the edge of your property.
    For details of their requirements, go to reci.ie and look at technical information.
    There's a pdf you can download which has all the details.
    If you don't put in ducting for them they will run in an overhead if they can.

IIRC, With new builds it is a legal requirement that all service cables are underground, I needed to provide ducting to where the pole was to be erected at the edge of the site, then it went overground accross the road to the main telephone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

thanks guys. I think i will have to start doing lots or retrofitting work!....arrrrgg! cant believe I forgot about this till now!

Advertisement