Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT Vodafone support fixed

• 22-10-2006 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

I started a new thread because it was in a range of different threads where the problem was reported. Vodafone support is now officially fixed. What happened was my friend ymans dedicated servers internet connection was too fast. Vodafone expects delays else it errors, so I had some code in there to put in pauses before the next request, on my local machine it worked but on the dedicated server it didnt. I changed the pause from 1500 miliseconds to 2000 miliseconds and it works now :) (1.5 seconds to 2 seconds)

Code has also been added so that if it doesnt send properly, it will error and not just return the ammount of messages remaining.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Brilliant news, thanks Donutface for all the hard work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Hey my messages are costing 2c a text on vodafone, is this the same for everyone on vf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Great news :)

On a side note have you been able to examine if meteor would accept up to 306 characters as a text message, I believe the site stops at 160 but that they have code in place that allows 306 to be sent at once, if the site is bypassed?

My messages also cost 2c on Vodafone, they have a minimun connection fee but if you were to send longer messages then it would still come in under the 2c.

Excellent work though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

red_fox wrote:
    On a side note have you been able to examine if meteor would accept up to 306 characters as a text message, I believe the site stops at 160 but that they have code in place that allows 306 to be sent at once, if the site is bypassed?
    yes it will. i don't know if its been implemented in AFT though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

red_fox wrote:
    Great news :)

My messages also cost 2c on Vodafone, they have a minimun connection fee but if you were to send longer messages then it would still come in under the 2c.

Excellent work though :)

Hi Redfox. You can actually send messages longer than 160 characters (since AFT 1.2), there is an option to increase the message length in the main message screen. This will, as you suggest, make it cheaper the more you send.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

I think on meteor it'll accept up to 306 characters and only charge a single webtext, or even if it was two, it sends the message as one long message rather than splitting. Commander Vimes mentioned it somewhere else before but if the server for meteor defined a single message length as 306 as opposed to 160 (and AFT reflected this) then it would improve the service for meteor users!

Just a thought that it's a simple thing to change but a nice improvement, although if meteor were to ever change their webtext system to limit it to 160 then it would fail!

Advertisement