Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twinking (WoW)

Options
  • 22-10-2006 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Looking for someone with a level 60 on any EU server to be a "twinking" partner.
    Basically, I roll a character on your server, and you roll one on mine. I then give your character x amount of gold and agree to take them on y number of dungeon runs and you do the same for mine, to get gear that would be otherwise impossible at that level. That way, you'd end up with a fully twinked out toon, without having to be in some high-end guild that are preparded to help you get geared up. Post or PM if your interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Heres a novel idea for you: Join a guild and earn it the hard way, like everybody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

Heres a novel idea for you: Join a guild and earn it the hard way, like everybody else.
    I dont understand...how does joining a guild make it harder? I'm talking about twinking here, ie, taking a character and kitting it out in the best blues and best enchants, so it has an unfair advantage over everyone else in instanced battlegrounds...

So if I were to join a guild that would help me twink, how would it be any different?

EDIT:I think you meant that I wanted to get to 60. I guess I wasn't clear enough. I have a 60, partner has 60. I roll on partner's server, he rolls on mine. We both help each other for a limited time and everyone wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I know exactly what you meant.

Purpose of the game: Level your character and kit it our with the best gear (in a nutshell)

Now what fun is it if you are given a hand up all along the way by a level 60 from the get go?

When every person starts a toon they are starting over from scratch. 0 gold, 0 blues, 0 exp. I hate the whole twinking idea, it ruins the game. Go join a guild and earn your blues the proper way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Twinking? God I thought this thread was about something else entirely!

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Twinking? God I thought this thread was about something else entirely!

Mike.
    Yeah, I only realised the...other meaning after I posted. I guess "partner" wasn't the best word...

EDIT:There, not that bad anymore...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Your proposal does interest me...
    I have a level 10 twink with almost all of what I want collected together. My only problem being I've a hit brick wall when it comes to deadmines and WC stuff. I need the leggings of the fang and the defias chest plate, its quite annoying really :(

I'd be interested in this, depending on what class you want to roll. As I already have the assassins blade, bristlebark gloves, sentry cloak, and a few other nice things all waiting... I also have some spare libram of voracity lying about... So, if you wanted to roll a rogue, I could just hand these over to you and be very happy :)

I would of course, require equivalent gold/items and services on your end.
    Anyways, send me a pm or something and we'll discuss it.

Well, seems like I've extracted my use from the thread. Feel free to use it as an ads page for finding fellow twinking helpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Stupid idea. Don't like it.

Advertisement