Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[House for Sale] 2 Bed, 3 Bath Townhouse For Sale (Wexford)

Options
  • 22-10-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

www.daft.ie/14012

I'm going to try and give it a go and sell it by myself for 4-6 weeks and see what kind of response I get.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Looks like what a flipper would do but good luck and change your location to Wexford willya

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

how do you make out I'm a flipper?

and one of these houses were sold a about 6 months ago for €230k, unfurnished.

that phase you are referring to are all sold out and the current phase being released next month are also sold out in the 2 beds and its only 3 beds starting at 275k available

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Lex Luthor wrote:
    www.daft.ie/14012

I'm going to try and give it a go and sell it by myself for 4-6 weeks and see what kind of response I get.

Not to get side tracked her but if your selling this your self and you have a contact name andnumber on the daft link are you not leaving your open to some freak or some one with a grudge on boards?

Good look with the sale all the same.

I'm going to get a sign made up for putting outside the front of the house for next weekend, but is there anything else I could do to spread the word? I would guess Daft is probably more used in Dublin & the bigger cities, but not sure about smaller towns & cities like Wexford. Would an ad in the local rag be beneficial?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Lex,

Deffo put it in the local papers and also the Herald/Indo in the classifieds - obv you have to pay for this.

We did this about 2 years ago with an apartment in Dublin - we never moved into it as the builder had completely changed the layout and we were not happy with it and put it up for sale the day after we got the keys. Got good response - plenty of phonecalls. We had a sign up outside, ads up on DAFT, Weddingsonline,Ivenus, Rollercoaster,buyandsell.ie,etc - any website that had a 'For Sale' section. However, it was taking up too much time (my husband had broken his leg badly and was incapacitated at home for 12 weeks) and stress trying to show people around myself so we ended up going with an E.A. who sold it for us in a week

Deffo worth advertising everywhere

D

• Advertisement

dools wrote:
    Lex,

Deffo put it in the local papers and also the Herald/Indo in the classifieds - obv you have to pay for this.

We did this about 2 years ago with an apartment in Dublin - we never moved into it as the builder had completely changed the layout and we were not happy with it and put it up for sale the day after we got the keys. Got good response - plenty of phonecalls. We had a sign up outside, ads up on DAFT, Weddingsonline,Ivenus, Rollercoaster,buyandsell.ie,etc - any website that had a 'For Sale' section. However, it was taking up too much time (my husband had broken his leg badly and was incapacitated at home for 12 weeks) and stress trying to show people around myself so we ended up going with an E.A. who sold it for us in a week

Deffo worth advertising everywhere

D
    those papers are ok for Dublin, but I don't think they would reach Wexford or have a great circulation down there. I'll have a chat with someone I know from the area that would probably know the best paper to place an ad with.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Lex,

Don't forget, there's loads of Dublin people who buy second homes in Wexford or buy and move to Wexford. Plus, they have the properties grouped by county in the Indo - am sure Wexford folk would check in Indo too for sale properties :)

D

dools wrote:
    Lex,

Don't forget, there's loads of Dublin people who buy second homes in Wexford or buy and move to Wexford. Plus, they have the properties grouped by county in the Indo - am sure Wexford folk would check in Indo too for sale properties :)

D
    Thanks dools....I'll get the indo this weekend and get the number for placing an ad. I'm going down Sat to put up the For Sale sign and get the local paper down there to place an ad down there also. Not sure what has happened, but since my ad has gone in, there has been about 7-8 properties gone in that would in direct competition since. Gonna be a long ride.....

Does the indo have a specific day of the week for property advertisement?

Wife seems to think that Irish people are backwards still and think buying a house from a private seller is not in our make up. Hopefully she's wrong. We've decided to give it 4-6 weeks and depending on the response, we might hand it over to an estate agent.

Advertisement