Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband Disconnects

Options
  • 22-10-2006 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Im at the end of my patience here with NTL and im wondering if anyone can help with this problem. Ive had NTL broadband for years, signing up when it was first available in the tallaght area, in all that time ive had zero problems with it, it was 100% reliable and the speeds where as advertised.

However in the last 6 months or so ive been having regular disconnents from the network, these seem to be totaly random as to when they occour and when they do, again it seems to be random how long they last, anything from a few seconds, to 10 minutes. When this is happening, the sync & ready light on my ntl:250 modem stayt solid but send & receive generaly go off. This happens a fair few times a day, 10+ on average. Im also having incredibly high pings, from 250 average! to over 2k+. I cant be sure, but it seems these problems started happening when they upgraded me to the 6mb package but i think i had a few trouble free weeks even after that was activated.

I play online games alot, namely warcraft and losing my net connection multiple times a day at random intervals is just killing my enjoyment of the main reason i get broadband and if i cant figure this out im not gonna have any choice but to change isp to something more stable, probably eircom. That i really dont want to do since its overpriced and underpowered compared to my NTL 6mg package, but its more reliable and thats more important. So anyway, can anyone suggest what might be the problem, and how to fix it? Much appreciated

Advertisement