Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW under Linux

Options
  • 22-10-2006 4:41pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've ditched xp fully for the first time and I'm currently in the process of emulating wow, anyone experienced this, I know it takes a bit more resources for it to run and i'm only on 512 ram so i'm hoping it'll work well, anyone have experience with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I got it kind of working under Ubuntu with Wine. When I say kind of the pc it's on is crap but it worked as well as I'd expect it too. If you're using Ubuntu or a similar distro here's a good thread.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

got it running nicely, luckily my gfx is nvidia so it wasnt too hard to set up, works well, photoshop even up and running...xp is bye bye i thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Unfortunately I have an ATI card in that Linux box. I managed to get 3D and OpenGL working eventually - took a lot of tweaking. I'll be building a new PC later this year and I won't even be considering ATI. Then XP will be bye bye for me too.

[edit]Why use photoshop anyway? Get the GIMP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

GIMP really isn't as good when it comes down to it, I use alot of plug ins that GIMP doesn't support, even GIMP shop isn't as good.

Advertisement