Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pijamas yay or nay?

• 22-10-2006 5:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Jaysus, nothing better than a pair of pj's! :D , I'm 22 and always wear them, I dont give a f*^k what anyone else thinks, even when I used to go off on camp with the FCA I'd wear them :p.

Do what you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

girl's perspective...

p.j.'s are fine, i know a couple of lads who wear them and there's nothin said - go for it!!

but if i was in bed with my boyfriend(now ex!!) id demand he take them off!! but that would only be for my personal pleasure really!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'd say yay. They're great for lounging around the house in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dutz

No way mate wouldnt wear them meself!!!!

But its your call!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nightwish wrote:
    I'd say yay. They're great for lounging around the house in.

Same as here, yay from Ruu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I'd go for a no not cool. My boyfriend never wears them which is cool with me. I could understand wearing the bottom half of PJs maybe but not really top and bottom sorry. If you're cold, turn the heat up;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Whatever you're comfortable in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Nay from me. Friction, I find, is a great way to keep warm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yay for around the house. Nay for bed with gf/bf.

Though tbh if my boyfriend wore pajamas i have to say i'd be weirded out, grown men and pajamas? I dunno maybe i'm thinking of fluffy kid ones. Are there manly grown up man ones i don't know about?

EDIT: Not in m&s anyway... Men's Nightwear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

id say the bottoms are fine but it'd look better with a t-shirt then the actual pyjama top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

From a comfort point of view, go for it. From a fashion point of view (which as we all know, takes precedence over comfort ;)) Pyjama bottoms with a t-shirt would look better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dude, if you're having such a dilemna about PJs, what are you like leaving the gaff on a saturday :D

It's stuff for wearing around the gaff; comfort in the key. You can't beat a pair of PJ bottoms and a tshirt for lazing about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I wear sweats and a tshirt to bed(ultra comfortable), don't think I'd wear a matching set of PJs though so I'll have to say nay, but the bottoms and a tshirt would be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yay for pyjamas! I'm wearing mine right now. I changed into them as soon as I got back from college.

For a guy, pyjama bottoms and a t-shirt is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭SueL

Next and Dunnes do really cool "leisure suits" for blokes. They don't call them pajamas! :D Go for it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nay from me! I loved pyjamas, but then lost the top, then the bottoms and have been sleeping naked for years. It is so much better, I could never go back. Plus, it leads to sticky situations easier. :P
    On the downside I keep running into a housemate in the mornings, rather naked, I always think I'll get away with running around in the nip but you have to be stealthy.

Godspeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

hmm.. Me was thinkin that with the cold weather fast approaching a pair of pijamas would be nice...
    I'm a 21 year old male and since i can remember i've just slept in me jocks.
    Oh and before you say who will see me?
    Well im in a college house with a lot of traffic... and ive a gf.

so....Cool or uncool?

T.Sc.

Dude!!

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

hmm.. Me was thinkin that with the cold weather fast approaching a pair of pijamas would be nice...
    I'm a 21 year old male and since i can remember i've just slept in me jocks.
    Oh and before you say who will see me?
    Well im in a college house with a lot of traffic... and ive a gf.

so....Cool or uncool?

T.Sc.

Pj's??

f*** No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I use to wear them... Not really anymore I just wear shorts in bed or for when im going around the house!

I say be comfortable as much as you can when at home :D Im wearing jeans now and this thread has made me want to take them off and change into something more comfortable :rolleyes:

*runs to get tracksuit ends*

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yay for pyjamas!!! so much warmer :) especially if your bf always steals the duvet covers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Wearing mine right now ;) Can't beat them, feckin nights are getting colder now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Nay, cant even remembet the last time i had a pair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

stovelid wrote:
    dude, if you're having such a dilemna about PJs, what are you like leaving the gaff on a saturday :D

:D

Would never ever wear them.

Pair of long football shorts and t-shirt for lounging around in the gaff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

yay for pyjamas.:cool: nothing more comfortable than that.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yay for pyjamas!!! so much warmer :) especially if your bf always steals the duvet covers!
    Whoever this guy is, you can't blame people for doing things in their sleep.
    I'm sure if you slept naked then he would be so close that he wouldn't have to steal them?

But anyway, what would I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

i cannot stand pjs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Nay from me! I loved pyjamas, but then lost the top, then the bottoms and have been sleeping naked for years. It is so much better, I could never go back. Plus, it leads to sticky situations easier. :P
    On the downside I keep running into a housemate in the mornings, rather naked, I always think I'll get away with running around in the nip but you have to be stealthy.

Godspeed!

Godspeed indeed:D

What The Scientist? Full frontal nudity in front of guys is fine, but P.J.s leads to accusations of homosexuality? How very strange:confused::D

I sleep naked. Have done for years. Even boxers get tangled up. Nothing as comfortable as going au natural. Anyway, pyjamas make you sweat. Bucketloads. Yuk. I might get some for lounging around the house though. The dressing gown (yes, I have one, and damn proud) doesn't always provide the necessary cover. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Get a couple pair of PJ bottoms in Dunnes and a few plain t-shirts.In the winter i always wear them , i just hate when you wake up in the middle of the night with cold legs.Im thinking here people still assume they are a bit old fashioned but there are some prtty cool PJ bottoms out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

I wear a pair of shorts and a hoodie to bed........, hood up, nothing better and warmer!

When I'm with the girl friend, I'm happy out in my jocks and her around me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

It has to be a big NO to the jimmy jams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bluestripe11

i have always worn pjs and the dunnes and marks and spencers are pretty good. Buy yourself a pair and try them out. There great 32 yr old male here. Most of my mates took the p ##ss for wearing them , but as it happens two of then converted over. Love to hear if you have tried them. I reckon loads of guys wear them but are afraid to admit it. The shops wouldnt stock them if they wernt selling. I think they are making a come back.

wish guys would admit to wearing them

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hmmm the bottoms with a tshirt maybe but not the whole suit.. Too dadish for my liking.. from a girls point of view :)

Do you ask people regularly if they wear them? Do tehy deny it and you find out later that they were lying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

This is pretty sexy
    http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=PRL-AW04-60657#

Plus a pair of fitted boxer briefs or sweatpants will keep the winter chills away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

More than OK: in the gaff, in bed.

Not OK: on bleary eyed, fat birds hobbling down to the Spar in the afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

full matching set of PJs - no.
    Tshirt and sweatpants or drawstring baggy pants (for comfort) - yes. Or a hoodie instead of tshirt if you're really cold.
    Perfect if you're living in shared acomodation as it takes you from bedroom to sittingroom/kitchen/lounging round on the weekend.

Having said that I and my other half sleep au naturel, can't bear getting knotted up in PJs. The only time I will ever wear PJs is if I'm dying sick off work and freezing my ass off in bed. PJs defo off for when your GF is staying over OP! Quicker access....

I think my other half would have a heart attack if I arrived home with a pair of PJs for him to wear, but then again he had no problem sauntering starkers to the loo from our bedroom when we were housesharing when we were younger, so maybe he's not the best person to be judging this on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

i think they can be cool if they're PJ bottoms with a regular tshirt

but a onesie or matching set is a massive no no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

I'd say nay and id laugh so hard if my boyf wore them that id prob wee myself!!!!:p

Did a bit of research and from looking at this link id defo go with NO WAY

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/node/get-search-result.html/026-8176612-8407664?size_code=&color_map=&binNames=size_code%2Ccolor_map&selectedNode=43584030&isFromFinder=1&isPersonalShopper=0

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'd say yes. the bottoms for def but I'm not sure about the top...go for an old tshirt or something...I'm in favour..

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

PJ bottoms yeh, and as lots of people have said, a tshirt as the top.

Advertisement