Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c# - controlling datalist paging in a user control

Options
  • 22-10-2006 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a page with a user control that contains a datalist that outputs products.

In the page design there is basic paging for the products but i cant put this in the same user control.

Is it possible to control the paging in one UC with a datalist in another UC ?

I hope i have made myself clear

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Don't know if this would work or not, but could you add some public methods to your datalist user control to expose the paging functionality, then when you initialise the control, pass a reference for it to your paging user control so that it can access those methods ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Would the Observer Pattern be relevant for this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_pattern

Advertisement