Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veronica Mars on DvD?

• 22-10-2006 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Ah...my first thread. *sigh*

Anyway, I am an avid Veronica Mars fan, and I'm currently watching it on RTE 1. ((I was going to post this in the Season 2 Discussion, but seeing as I haven't finished watching the Season, I don't want to read spoilers, because I know people have finished watching it on Living TV and other channels.

So, I would love to have the 1 and/or 2 Season on DVD. But unfortunately I have read that they are only available in Region 1 and cannot be viewable here.

Is it possible to get them at all? And if I do, would I be able to view them. I've read that if I have a Multi-regional DVD player it is possible. But unfortunately again, I don't know if my DVD player is...Its a Maxis, that's all I know. :(

So, ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You can still order them off CDWOW.

If you get me a model number for your DVD player.. i'll find out if it can made multiregion. But if not, a multi-region DVD player will set you back about €35 - €40 in your local Dunnes Stores or Power City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Mr Irish wrote:
    I know people have finished watching it on Living TV

theres still 2 eps left to air...and only 1 will be on next thurs according to the sky tv guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

Go to the living TV forums and there are threads confirming that the Region 1 DVD works on Region 2 DVD Players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr Irish

My dvd player is a Maxim, Model: MX11-31

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr Irish wrote:
    My dvd player is a Maxim, Model: MX11-31
    This should work.. it's apparently for the MX11-31:
    1. Press SETUP
    2. Go to "Preferences"
    3. Press 1, 3, 7, 9
    4. Current RC should be displayed
    5. Select RC with UP, "DOWN"
    6. Press PLAY
    7. Press SETUP

Do you have any multi-region DVD's? If not, i'm sure a mate of yours will just to test it.

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

Hello!
    I was in a very simliar predicament to you awhile ago. i'd heard about how the dvds were actually region free but didn't want to risk. anyway went ahead and ordered Season 1 from DVD Pacific. and.. IT WORKED. It works on 4 different dvd players. All regular ones, i didn't modify in anyway. 2 regular ones and 2 that were inside pcs. Basically they're region free. the only niggle is that the sound is a little different because of silly US things that don't really matter but it means everyone's voice is a little deeper then the tv broadcast you get here. a small niggle.
    Anyway if you want to buy it DVD Pacific can send it to you for about 36 euro in about 9-20 days. Season 1 took exactly 20 days from the time they shipped it and season 2 took 9 days. And that was on the cheapest/longest shipping method.
    honestly if you want these boxsets just import them. they're cheap and it's doubtful they will be released here at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

season 1 dvd boxset will be released on r2 early next year(march/april) last i heard, im thinking of maybe setting up a cloudwatchers group here in ireland(no way i can do the uk :( ) if im able to, to promote the show and the dvd.
    pm me if you're interested in helping out(in any teeny way possible even)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

we MUST get rte 2 to air it at a decent time....its better than that falcon beach crap they put on .......and that would be a great time for VM!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr Irish

Thanks a million guys.

I think I'll chance it and order the dvds and just hope that they work in my dvd players.

And herobear, I've PMed you. ;)

Advertisement