Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coollabs Liquid Pro?

Options
  • 22-10-2006 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Thinking about changing my cooler along with getting a new case in a week or so. Aside from that I was going to invest in some coollabs liquid pro, the word on the OCin forums is that its amazing compared to AS5. But its images like this that turn me off.

Should I chance it? Is there anything on the mainboard that it might erode? Anybody have any experience. I'll continue to read up on it anyway. But I thought i'd open up discussion in the meantime.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

pog is getting some atm. Wait till he gets it before you take the jump. If his hsf disolves over night, you know what to do :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hehe :D

Ya, I ordered it, gonna mount 1st with silver 5 & compare temps. Hopefully my new 85 squid cooler don't get corroded like those pics.

Its supposed to be amazing stuff & the great thing bout it is, its re-usable. If you remove your cooler you don't have to go thru all the cleaning & re-applying. Supposed to be a bitch to apply in the first place.....like mercury.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Where are you getting it from? ebay? Or have you got friends in the US shipping it?

From reading up on it, there is a lot of BS saying its toxic which it isn't and that it corrodes anything. There have been a lot of cases where it doesn't actually do ANYTHING to Aluminium. The case I linked to is one more of idiocy than a warning as supposedly it only becomes highly active at corroding if you mix it with water and aluminium (the guy ran the tap over it to get rid of it)

My biggest concern is that its liquid and highly conductive, any splashing about is going to wreck your mobo, even if it doesn't have any aluminium on it. Did you find a list of HS's that have been used with it without incident?

OT: Hey i've noticed in your sig you're getting the Tuniq 120? What stopped you from getting the Scythe Ninja (has an extra 3 heatpipes)? I'm personally thinking of getting the Ninja just because I want to throw a Delta Fan on it and see how it does with 190cfm blitzing through it :D You are kinda limited with the Tuniq as there is only a certain amount of space between the fins, although the design of having it in the middle makes a lot of sense. Also you will need to seriously lap the bottom of that HS, they aren't mirrored like the Zalmans which is the finish thats recommended for the liquid pro to work best. Plus i'd check what those screws are made of in the bottom of it, I know its unlikely they are made of Aluminium but better safe... ;)

Advertisement