Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone Blocking Exhaust pipe on purpose

Options
  • 22-10-2006 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Some little toerags been blocking up my exhaust - its happened two weekends in a row - on the same night. I leave for work at 5am in the morning - so its obviously been done between midnight and 5.

Thing is my estates only built - theres no teenagers about at all and I dont think I've upset anyone (I keep to myself - thought this was the best policy so there wouldnt be any estate politics).

Anyways, I would love to catch the bas_tard thats doing it. I suppose a cameras the obvious answer - but I'd imagine the cost would be prohibitive? It would be at night so would need to be infrared with the ability to provide an ID level pic quality.

Maybe some of you have suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Probably best in Gardening/DIY. Well it won't catch them but you could put up a security light to keep them away perhaps? Worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

[strike]Or comp/tech (Previous discussion on similiar setup recently), or motors, etc. I think we'll leave it here.[/strike]

Chance staying up next weekend on that night between those hours, before you go spending a considerable amount of money and time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

An IR camera to connect to your video would cost €70-€100 and you could record for a few hrs around suspected times. You could also pay a bit more that will trigger the video to start recording. It is also a very good deterrent for those who might be considering a prank. I understand that in theory you need to post a sign if you're recording around your property.
    A friend went through the same where a rock was fired through the window on a few occasions. With a few discrete cameras he discovered it to be his "respected" neighbour. Neighbour threatened to take legal action untill he pointed out the cameras to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

Karoma wrote:
    Chance staying up next weekend on that night between those hours, before you go spending a considerable amount of money and time?
    I suppose - would be well up for it but for the fact that theres a good possibility i might not spot 'em. Its going to be pitch black (the street lighting hasnt been hooked up yet).
    On second thoughts, I wont be working next sunday and I want to get 'em bad enough. At worst, I might be able to narrow it down within a specific couple of hours - and be ready for the following week seeing as this has become some losers regular weekend passtime.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Depending on whether you want revenge or just an ID, you would always be ready with your hose, exciting filled baloons, trained monkeys to fling poo. You get the idea. Camera might be a bit more sensible I suppose. Big flash and tell them if it happens again you'll be going to the cop shop with the pics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Maybe they watched an old "Beverly Hills Cop" DVD? Eddie Murphy does that to the cops tailing him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You could block it yourself before you go to bed and remove the blockage in the morning. (don't know what this would achieve but it seems like a good idea :confused: )

I'd leave a note for the fecker, "Can you hear me walking up behind you? I have a lump hammer, my boot is covered in plastic and I'm going to bury you in a hill in wicklow, you better start running" or something to that affect. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

Sparks400 wrote:
    I'd leave a note for the fecker, "Can you hear me walking up behind you? I have a lump hammer, my boot is covered in plastic and I'm going to bury you in a hill in wicklow, you better start running" or something to that affect. :)
    No - i want to catch th féckers in the act - so that they can be embarrassed. Leaving a note for them is letting them off the hook. They probably think the stuff theyre blocking it with is just getting blown out (which it is) so they need to come back and do a better job on it - probably assuming i'm none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What are they using to block it? Banana in the tailpipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Potatoes are a great man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

What happened with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Smirky

This has to be one of the best threads in ages! Did ya catch the feckers?!

Please please please update .....:D

Advertisement