Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M Schumachers greatest?

• 22-10-2006 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

Is this his greatest ever race?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

nipplenuts wrote:
    Is this his greatest ever race?

Some Drive, but not his greatest. Never seen him do anything but outshine the field when he started from the back of the grid, or for whatever reason he ended up at the back in a race. Could not say what his very best was. Spain in 96 is the one that sticks out the most for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Not his greatest, but a great drive none the less.

Dam the puncture :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Is laochra mór stairiúil é. :):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

greatest quote of the day was when kimi was being interviewed by utv on why he missed the presentation at the start of the race.

when asked why he missed the race kimi simply said "i was taking a ****".

absolutely broke my balls laughing.

schumacher was astonishing today no doubt about it, that puncture costed him dearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Classic race from Schumi. The puncture was a shame because it robbed him of a a certain second place (at least), but it gave him just the motivation he needed to put in a brilliant performance. I would have liked to have seen him on the podium or in the press conference one last time, but it was not to be. He didn't let himself down today at all and can leave the sport with his head held high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Heard he put one of his best, he made Alonso work for the title for as long as posssible. Massive Respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Perhaps not his greatest, but a good race for him.

Cremo wrote:
    when asked why he missed the race kimi simply said "i was taking a ****".

Got a chuckle out of me too!

It will be interesting next year to see who comes out on top, him or Massa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Considering the circumstances and everything surrounding it it will be one of the most memorable.

But it's not like it was anything new from him, time and again there's been races where he'll get a puncture or something will happen, he'll end up at the back of the grid and the commentators will forget about him, and then suddenly you'll start noticing him setting fastest lap after fastest lap and he'll be back in the race.

I can't think of many moves better than the one he put on Kimi though. A better drive than the combined 2007 grid have ever come up with between them, but not Michael's best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

steviec wrote:
    A better drive than the combined 2007 grid have ever come up with between them

lol

• Advertisement

steviec wrote:
    A better drive than the combined 2007 grid have ever come up with between them, but not Michael's best.

I agree, since I started watching F1 I have seen few drivers to come close to him and not since Senna and Prost have I seen one to equal him in some sense.

Best all round driver ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭DáireM

Great drive but I think that race in Monaco when he won by about 90 seconds was his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

it was always great to watch michael to what he did,he never lost the drivers instinct,as some have said its a shame he is retiring cause its a waste of talent,i wouldnt go that far myself but i can see where they are coming from.

Over all,in my opinion,he is the greatest,even when it seemed that he could do nothing he always found that extra tenth to keep the pressure on,fantastic for the sport(dont know what damon hill is on about)no matter what he did,it always made good viewing,at least until he got so good that they had to change the rules for the other teams.

Its sad to see him go,he was always my favourite driver no matter what,through thick and thin i always supported him and his race yesterday showed everyone in the world that he was something that this sport wont see for a very long time.

To sum up I want to thank Michael for the memories and great races,it was a pleasure to watch him do what he did best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Gintonious wrote:
    dont know what damon hill is on about
    Hill was just jealous, and was clearly always inferior to Schumacher in every capacity. Compare the 2 in the machinery. The Williams in 96 was as bullet proof and superior a machine as F1 has probably ever seen.

Hills last race, I recall the commentary when he retired that the Jordan engineers were "Very very surprised" to see him back at the garage. He bottled it and gave up, because he was being comprehensively outshone in each and every race by his team mate, Frentzen. Frentzen was as close as Irvine or Hakkinen that year, had he not crashed in Canada (when running second) and had the car not stopped in the European Grand Prix, he could have been very much in the running for the championship himself in the final race. Frentzen had 54 points for the year in the Jordan. Hill scored a total of 7.

Advertisement