Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on Tallaght, Dublin?

• 22-10-2006 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone could direct me to information regarding the area around this location:

Knockmore PK
    Killinarden
    Tallaght
    Dublin

Thank you:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Well its Killinarden so it wouldnt be a great place!

Burnt cars and pick-pockets

thats the main jist

wha / why u wanna know???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 devs99

Hi
    Thanks for replying! my interest in this area stems from a friendship that I lost contact with and am trying to locate. I have an actual address and am planning a trip from the US to Dublin, so would like help with information on maps, ect.

From your reply I assume its not a very safe area, should the area be overall avoided?

I'd truly appreciate any help and/or suggests regarding this.

Thank you
    Deborah:)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DaXiS

devs99 wrote:

should the area be overall avoided?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 devs99

Hi
    thank you for your response, could you tell me why?.........is it that violent?
    Do you know of any maps or directions to the area?

Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

devs99 wrote:
    Hi
    thank you for your response, could you tell me why?.........is it that violent?
    Do you know of any maps or directions to the area?

Thank you
    It probably wouldn't be the best of areas... but as long as you exercise common sense and don't wander around by yourself in the dark you'd be fine.

You can find it on Google Maps no problem:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=the+square&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=53.276582,-6.385846&spn=0.009931,0.028453&om=1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Ra1ph

devs99 wrote:
    Hi
    I was wondering if anyone could direct me to information regarding the area around this location:

Knockmore PK
    Killinarden
    Tallaght
    Dublin

Thank you:)

Killinarden should be avoided at night. I lived in Tallaght for a long time and strangers stick out like sore thumbs at night in housing estates.

However don't let that put you off going there.

If you intend travelling there I suggest going in the morning and if taking the bus always sit downstairs. There's a lot of anti-social behaviour on public transport travelling to and from Tallaght especially upstairs on buses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Actually there are better maps of the area on http://www.RealEstate.ie. Just click "skyview your property" on the left and put in an address. You can't really search for addresses with google maps on Ireland yet.

Have a look at this page for busses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Killinarden ins't too bad to be honest. I feel quite safe there.

Advertisement