Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhysChem

Options
  • 22-10-2006 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

I want to do both Physics and Chemistry next year (I'm in TY, just thinking about my sucjects for next year) but if I do that's be something like 10 subjects I'd be doing for the Leaving, not a chance. So I was thinking of doing PhysChem instead, only my school doesn't offer it, and I know nothing about it. Would I be better off doing just Physics/Chemistry and getting the full course or just getting a bit in both of them by doing PhysChem? I'd just like to know a bit about the course from anyone who's done/doing it. Also, does The Institute take students from other schools for a single subject, not grinds like, but actual classes in the subject?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

Yes, the institute offer weekend classes and you can take just one subject there.

More Info

They don't seem to have mentioned Phys/Chem there though...

But it sounds like you're very interested in them both, in which case I say do them! There must be some other subject you can ditch. What other subjects are you thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

French, German, Italian, Japanese, History(or music, I haven't decided which yet) I *could* dump German, but I've done it for three years, seems a shame to give it up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

So, so many languages.. :p

I know my physics teacher is teaching phys/chem to the 5th year class, they all chose to do it instead. As far as I know, it combines relatively easy parts from both courses, but then again, having done both courses separately, I *would* say that it's easier! ;) There's supposed to be a lot of choice on the paper, which is always a good thing. Maybe download the syllabus from examinations.ie? I could probably give you the notes from my courses, if they're relevant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Why are you bothering with so many languages?

The LC's all about points and you strike me as an inevitable 600-pointer who knows exactly what course they want to do(sorry for the presumption if I'm wrong), so if you kick ass at languages and don't need Physics or Chem for your course then forget it, if you really want to do them then ditch one or two languages for them. Phys/Chem seems like a waste of time tbh.

Advertisement