Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Situation

Options
  • 22-10-2006 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My employer avoided paying me a pension which I was entitled to (as contracted employee) under the fixed-term workers act which was first introduced in July 2003. Recently they were forced to pay the pension (10% of total co-ordinated salary, approx 25k) retrospectively from July 2003 but will only do so if I make a employees contribution of 6.5% (13-14k). The other option given to me is too forgo the retrospective pension payment (including my 6.5% contribution) and only set a current starting date for the pension.

I am from overseas, been in Ireland for 4 years, and planning to head home in the next few years. I'm needing advice on this situation. Do I need to these employee contributions in this situation? If so, would it be worthwhile making this 6.% contribution if I eventually wanted to close the pension (thus losing a signficant portion) and take my money home.

Much appreciated.

Advertisement