Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk Parking Ticket Woes

Options
  • 22-10-2006 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the situation is regarding the situation were you lose money in a parking machine that isnt working but appears to be ok. Do you have to keep walking around until you find a machine that is working or can you leave a note with the details on your car.

I had a situation were I lost 2 x 2euro (€4) in a machine which didnt give me a ticket. I left a note on car with details but still got a ticket.

Why should I continue putting coins into machines after losing €4.

Oh by the way the reason I put in €2 coins is that I didnt have any other change.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

The machines around town are a f**king joke. I think I read somewhere recently that only 1 in 3 are in a working state, to me, it would appear that the ratio is far thinner.
    You could always state your case when you're paying the fine, but it's probably a lost cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

An appeal on the fine has been sent in so will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Dr. Dre wrote:
    The machines around town are a f**king joke. I think I read somewhere recently that only 1 in 3 are in a working state, to me, it would appear that the ratio is far thinner.
    You could always state your case when you're paying the fine, but it's probably a lost cause.

See todays Argus, page 2. According to the council "almost 1 in 5 machines are out of order" :rolleyes:

I think there must be some mistake as it's more like 1 in 5 that actually work.

Yes sudz saw that, it seems there is a story in there every week about these machines. I work on the road and I havent come across these problems in any other town.

By the way was your addition of the Argus v v bad quality print ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I thought there was a rule that if theres not a working pay machine within a certain distance of your car you dont have to pay for parking, thats why I thought people where breaking them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Yes sudz saw that, it seems there is a story in there every week about these machines. I work on the road and I havent come across these problems in any other town.

By the way was your addition of the Argus v v bad quality print ?

No... print was grand in mine!
    Perhaps your tears of frustration made the ink run?!

Best of luck with your appeal!

Got a reply to my letter to the council. They are demanding the money for the fine or threatening to pass it on to the district court. Their letter acknowledges my appeal and goes on to totally ignore the appeal, strange. So I shall send off another letter. :(

Maybe actually speaking face-to-face with someone would be more benficial?
    At least they can't just dismiss it out of hand as they have appear to have done with the generic response in their letter.

Dr I agree but as I work in the Capital it aint easy to get in to them. Ive another letter gone off to them and I dont mind going to court. The problem was that the 2 machine were not working and it took me several euros to find out. Surely this is good enoug grounds for appeal.

Ah I see. Fair play, I applaud your stance on a point of principle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Dr I agree but as I work in the Capital it aint easy to get in to them. Ive another letter gone off to them and I dont mind going to court. The problem was that the 2 machine were not working and it took me several euros to find out. Surely this is good enoug grounds for appeal.

1) Did you report the machines as broken at the time it happened? I'm pretty sure theres contact details on them.
    2) Do you have any evidence, eye witnesses etc to the fact the machines were not working?
    3) If you didn't do the above, they will just take you to court, you'll pay the fine and costs, more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

this is just word of mouth......nothing concrete to back it up
    BUT a friend says she tried to buy a ticket and the machine was broke she stopped a Garda to ask where the next nearest one was and according to the Garda its not up to you to find a machine that works if the one nearest to where your parked is broken so if you leave a note saying the machine was broke then you shouldnt get a ticket
    AGAIN this is just word of mouth......nothing concrete to back it up

Advertisement