Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterproof jackets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You could visit Cycle Superstore to see the Altura jackets. According to their website, they don't stock Gill.

I have the Altura windproof jacket for winter wear. The windproof bit is also reasonably water resistant. Windproof also makes it relatively warm as the wind chill factor is removed.

I just saw this waterpoof cape listed on the homepage.
    These days I've been wearing a sleeveless gilet over my jersey. It's windproof so it allows me to wear a light jersey in lower temps (though the forearms and fingers were a little chilly this morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Yup Altura scored 9/10 in this month UK MTB Biking magazine for value and perfoemance! HAve 2 one high vis waterproff and one windproof! both great vlaue!

btw I have a grey and yellow and both excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

if you are in Dublin, The Great Outdoors stock them if you want to go in and have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

I'm slightly off-topic here but, just for the info of anyone looking to buy decent wet gear, I've got stuff from a Lowe Alpine factory shop in Tullamore that's been pretty much perfect and good value. In fact, the discounted stuff is often in bright colours - maybe not going to sell to fashionable-types but perfect for cycling. Haven't been there in a while though so you'd want to check it's still open.

Advertisement