Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pet Hates

• 23-10-2006 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Lets have em.

Mine are:

People who eat with their mouths open

People who stop on escallators.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Dublin people that think "Sorry" should be used instead of "excuse me", it really p!sses me off big time.

I got verbally attacked by 2 oap's because they thought I was being rude by saying excuse me when I wanted to pass them on an escalator. :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

People who drive too slow
    Smokers
    Scumbags being loud and obnoxious on buses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Maccattack wrote:
    Lets have em.

Yore ma.*

Oh and the escalator thing is a pain alright, I just don't get why people do it...

I've loads of pet hates, but a lot of them revolve around knackers (i.e matching tracksuits, hoopy earrings, strong Dub accents etc.) so theres no need to go into too much detail over it.

Also;

People who pass gas intentionally (and sometimes bring attention to themselves before doing so) and think they're the best thing since sliced bread for doing it, or start laughing at it.

Guys who go to the bathroom and insist on leaving the seat down but not bothering to clean it when they wet it. I'm a guy, can't understand why some guys do it but its disgusting.

Excessive swearing. At times it can be let slide i.e when a person has just been physically hurt or something, but sticking curses into every second sentence or regularly is ridiculous.

There is definately more, I just can't think properly right now...

*Formality...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

People without children in their cars who park in the parent spots :mad:
    Pedestrians who think roads are just an extension of the pavement & so there is no need to look stepping between the two :mad:
    Drivers who have no idea which lane they should use at a roundabout & think indicators are just decorative, women in Corsa's that drive like they are steering a bus, actually - just bad driving in general :mad:
    People who let their dogs crap & p!ss all over the pavements :mad:

Oooo, I have loads more - anything rude or obnoxious really....:o :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

xzanti wrote:
    People who drive too slow
    These really piss me off. Going 35-40 mph on a good road with a speed limit of 100 kph (sorry about mixing units). And they always drive either a fiesta or a beemer

• Advertisement

People without children in their cars who park in the parent spots :mad:
    Pedestrians who think roads are just an extension of the pavement & so there is no need to look stepping between the two :mad:
    Drivers who have no idea which lane they should use at a roundabout & think indicators are just decorative, women in Corsa's that drive like they are steering a bus, actually - just bad driving in general :mad:
    People who let their dogs crap & p!ss all over the pavements :mad:

Oooo, I have loads more - anything rude or obnoxious really....:o :)
    Rough drive to work this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

All those crushed Coco Pops at the bottom of the bag.

Drivers who dislike cyclists.

Irish Celtic "fans" who have no interest in the domestic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Cyclists on footpaths.

petes wrote:
    Cyclists on footpaths.
    MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Drivers who dislike cyclists.

Poor buggers just can't win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

People who spell escalators -escallators :D

Why don't we operate the 'stay right' system on escalators like the Londoners do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

Unbelted children in moving cars.

Opening a newspaper or magazine and having a half stone of crappy ads fall on the floor. (I STILL dont want Sky TV, and if I ever do, I am capable of finding the number myself)

Finding a dead mouse under a steak you've been looking forward to all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Pet Hates

Cats :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

rb_ie wrote:
    Rough drive to work this morning?

I don't work so no...just some exceptionally bad drivers here & was just listening to the radio saying that 70+ people have died on the roads this month already :(

I can excuse most rude or ignorant behaviour as it does not endanger myself or my children - but crappy drivers put us all at risk, I guess that's why it bugs me more than anything else. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

- Not using indicators. They are there for a reason! Use them!
    - People in cars bigger than mine thinking they can bully their way out constantly! BMW, Merc and SUV drivers being the main culprits!
    - Making really loud munching noises while eating. It might taste good, but I don't need to know thank you!
    - People not using escalators properly -"stand on the right, walk on the left" whats so hard about that?
    - Slow drivers! Speeding is not the main cause of accidents, it's slow driving! at least try to stick to the speed limit! 20 Km/h is not acceptable!
    - Drivers who feel that one lane for their car is not enough and have to drift into my lane!!! And then they dont even think they did anything wrong... and then you are left with one less wing mirror :mad:
    - Drivers who take the exits on the motorway WAY too late and make you slam on the brakes just so they can get in infront of you.

Wow, I really hate a lot of things... I think I am having a bad day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Pet hates:

- People who interrupt me when I'm in the middle of telling them something.
    - Girls who "dumb down" when they fancy a bloke.
    - My parents watching terrestrial tv stations on Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bongo85

-Receiving a receipt in the same hand with your change at the till!!

-People who stop on escalators really annoys me too!! Lazy feckers :mad:

I don't workso no...just some exceptionally bad drivers here & was just listening to the radio saying that 70+ people have died on the roads this month already :(

And to think, 86 US soldiers were killed fighting in Iraq so far this month...shocking stuff that theres nearly as many dying on our roads :(

but crappy drivers put us all at risk, I guess that's why it bugs me more than anything else. redface.gif

Which leads me to another pet hate;

Learner drivers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,801 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Badly-poured pints of Guinness.
    Bad drivers.
    Bad cyclists.
    Able-bodied drivers who park in diabled spaces.
    80km/h speed limits on roads suitable for 100km/h.
    People who take up too much space on train seats.
    People who push women & children out of the way trying to get on trains.
    Watery rashers.
    Half-cooked tomatoes with a fry.
    The slow puncture in my front driver's side tyre.
    Seals eating fish I have caught before I get a chance to reel them in.
    A runny nose when I have no hanky.
    Edit: Spiders that are too big to fit into a glass for non-lethal disposal.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

people that stay all too close when talking to ya, like a few inches from the face thing...

ohh an edit

warm beer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bongo85

People who kill spiders, cause they're too freaked out to get a glass and a piece of paper. GRRR :mad:

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Deserves a thread in its own right. Grrr, useless barmen, I've gotten a pint wit ha 2inch head before, I looked at the barman wondering if he was taking the piss.

Deserves a thread in its own right. Grrr, useless barmen, I've gotten a pint wit ha 2inch head before, I looked at the barman wondering if he was taking the piss.

Slightly off topic - but there are threads about good/bad pints here & here.

Back on topic:
    Websense

Oh, I have another one.

People who say "twist of fate" or "tempting fate". Think about it ffs, as if the term "fate" was annoying enough already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

splinter wrote:
    people that stay all too close when talking to ya, like a few inches from the face thing...

ditto ...If I ever met Hector, I guess I'd floor him :D:D:D

peasant wrote:
    ditto ...If I ever met Hector, I guess I'd floor him :D:D:D

I met him twice last week! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

connundrum wrote:
    QUOTE]

Pedantic b*****ds

and to think spelling was my best subject at skool :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

killnascully

connundrum wrote:
    QUOTE]

Pedantic b*****ds

and to think spelling was my best subject at skool :(

Spelling is a subject now? :D

I'll second Killinascully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

People who stop on a crowded footpath gawking into a shop window when they know you are right behind them. *makes stabbing in back motion*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ruu wrote:
    People who stop on a crowded footpath gawking into a shop window when they know you are right behind them. *makes stabbing in back motion*

Damn shops and their windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 snb

> Text talk generally, but even worse , using texttalk in an email or a board such as this !
    > Bus tickets ( the Dublin bus kind..... ) & people playing with them on the bus, especially when its raining & the bus is all wet & gross.
    >The escalator thing.
    > Tourists/groups of students who congregate at stupid places at around 8.30 am & 5 pm.... helllooooo , do you not see the hundreds of people pushing past you in major hurry as some sort of indication that you're in the way ?
    > The 'Im so rich, I don't even have to brush my hair' look so many of the young ones are sporting these days.....
    > Celeb mags, where its all 'OH MY GOD she's so SKINNY' and then 'OH MY GOD SHE IS SO FAT' and then 'OH MY GOD FIRST PICS OF HER WEDDING...'

I could go on & on & on............. but I hate it when people don't know when to shut up & want to fill possible space in conversation with pointless twaddle....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Spelling is a subject now? :D

Gee Im having a bad day. it all started last night with the 3 pints of guinness, countless glasses of merlot, 2 glasses of champagne, 1 Irish coffee, and 1 glass of tia maria. I shouldve known better...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

I would have to say people with poor perception:

Walking out of a shop/doorway and just straight into me.
    People who dont stop to let people pass in front of them.
    People who just stop in the middle of the street and block everyone from passing.
    Just general awareness of your surroundings and who is standing around you.
    I dont bump into people or get in peoples ways because I look where I am going and I wait my turn to enter/exit somewhere.

I know this seems like a strange array of pet hates but Im just sick of people in Cork city being stupid :(

Maccattack wrote:
    I shouldve known better...:(

That reminds me - crap mid-80's ballads.

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote:
    Able-bodied drivers who park in diabled spaces.

What I'm noticing a lot of now is able-bodied drivers WITH the blue disabled parking permits using them to park up on pavements, double yellow lines, etc,.

I swear they must be giving the disabled parking permits out free when you collect 10 tokens from packets of corn flakes over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

snb wrote:
    >
    I could go on & on & on............. but I hate it when people don't know when to shut up & want to fill possible space in conversation with pointless twaddle....

one could claim if this happened there would be no need for boards.ie and the like, "pointless twaddle" is what keeps it going:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Ray Darcy

&

Ray Darcy

Jimoslimos wrote:
    What I'm noticing a lot of now is able-bodied drivers WITH the blue disabled parking permits using them to park up on pavements, double yellow lines, etc,.

I swear they must be giving the disabled parking permits out free when you collect 10 tokens from packets of corn flakes over here.

They don't need to be disabled themselves, My brother in law has a neice with spinabipheda (sp) and he has a disabled parking permit... But he only uses it when he has her with him...

xzanti wrote:
    They don't need to be disabled themselves, My brother in law has a neice with spinabipheda (sp) and he has a disabled parking permit... But he only uses it when he has her with him...

Absolutely no problem with parents/carers using disabled parking permits in those situations but when somebody uses it to save walking an extra 100 yrds when picking up a packet of fags and heat magazine (yes I've seen this) from the shops....ffs:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

I dont think disabled parking spots should be used by anyone.

Why would you want to park in disabled space. Theres plenty of able space floating around everywhere else.

Froot wrote:
    I dont think disabled parking spots should be used by anyone.

Why would you want to park in disabled space. Theres plenty of able space floating around everywhere else.
    Cause they're closer to the venues/shops...

People who make loud noises when they eat; especially those who slurp their soup.

People who talk about dirty things.. alot. Not sexy dirty things, just say "Owh man, I had a huge crap". Things like that. We don't give a damn. Don't tell us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Scummers going round in their little groups starting on anyone and everyone that catch their eye. Many a weekend ruined by these fcuckin wasters.

Impatient drivers. Yes, I still am a learner, if I stall my car in traffic, don't start shouting abuse or revving. You were all in my position before. Do't even try denying it.

People who can't handle their drink, or don't know their limit. At this stage I've given up minding drunk friends - breaking up fights, walking them home etc

The Leaving Cert. Nuf Said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Non-smokers who insist on being complete prìcks.
    People who breath really heavily.
    Scumbags.
    Nagging.

Tons of other stuff that I can't be arsed typing.

And another thing, people asking me to list off stuff when I can't make my mind think of things. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

Charity Collectors, I see you, I have seen you before you've seen me, so don't come near me looking or money, if I wanna give money, I'll come to you

iPod owners who feel the need to show off their iPods on the bus and also feel the need to tell my that my Creative Vision M is a piece of shít

People on the bus who know that they are sitting on the last seat and still sit on the outside or leave there **** on the seat, I'm not a lepeor, you won't catch anything

Bouncers

Bar staff who serve the good looking girls even though I'm next to be served

People who listen to one song & that band is there new favourite band

Hello magazine & every other gossip mag, (who gives a fúck what the "Celebs" do, fúck them)

People who have more sex then me (which is everyone)

Underage girls who look sexy 24-7(Stop fúcking......with my head)

Boy racers

The shít music that boy racers listen to

The fact that I work in a bar but I serve more bloody tea & coffee than I do alcohol

People who can't sit still on a bus

PEOPLE WHO RECLINE THEIR SEATS ON A BUS OR PLANE

Girls who say "Oh my God" all the time

My best mate who gives his honest opinion to me when we together but will change his opinion in a group situation

People who use their mobile phones in the cinema

Text Speak

Bebo

People who don't acknowledge my good manners, A "Cheers" would do

I'm sure that there are more......., as yis can tell, I'm a very easy person to annoy! I'm an only child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Froot wrote:
    I would have to say people with poor perception:

Walking out of a shop/doorway and just straight into me.
    People who dont stop to let people pass in front of them.
    People who just stop in the middle of the street and block everyone from passing.
    Just general awareness of your surroundings and who is standing around you.
    I dont bump into people or get in peoples ways because I look where I am going and I wait my turn to enter/exit somewhere.
    Absolutely spot on here - I feel the same way. People are always walking around like sheep here in Dublin... another poster mentioned pedestrians that stop abruptly to gawk at stuff such as shop displays.
    A fulfilling solution to this problem is to just continue walking and barrel straight into them without saying anything :)

Also previously mentioned and that I truly despise are people who walk in front of traffic without even looking - handing the responsibility for their personal safety to random strangers.
    I was cycling in traffic once on O'Connell St., and, having built up healthy instincts after a few years' experience, slowed down as I started to pass two waiting buses close together.
    As I approached the gap between the two buses just on my left, a woman pushed her baby's pram ahead of her onto the road, with no way to see any of the oncoming traffic since her vision was blocked by the bus.
    Since I was already wary of the buses, knowing how sheeplike people can be in Dublin, I was able to swerve a little bit without hitting a car, but my real wheel went over the front wheel of her pram and as I passed, I heard the typical scanger response "ooh!", issued with a tone that seemed to imply that I was the careless one.
    This kind of thing happens ALL the time.

Also, drivers (especially of taxis or buses) who overtake a cyclist and cut him off immediately, forcing him to stop, swerve or go up on the path.

Also.. aggressive scangers who think they deserve more rights than anyone else (eg. skipping people in queues and the like), or accuse immigrants of stealing jobs and getting free healthcare/housing/dole etc while they themselves queue up for drug treatments on their medical cards wearing Nike trainers purchased with their dole money, and never intend/need to get a job.

People who rant at length about pet hates. *raises hand hypocritically*

And Ohmygods, possessive territorial guys in pubs/clubs, women with entirely shallow tastes (tall men with good hair only, whether or not they're smart or nice), bouncers that see someone getting hit in a club and tell them to "take it outside" where the 3 knackers are waiting for him.

People who TALK to each other or on their MOBILES in the CINEMA. I spent a weekend in Sligo with me girlfriend a month ago and had to tell a group of girls to shut up, since their constant chatter was providing background noise to "The Wind that Shakes the Barley". They kind of went "ooh!" again, then talked less quietly until they finally left about 2/3 through the film. Probably had a monthly pass or something.

Cyclists cycling the wrong way down a cycle lane, inexplicably.

Knackers talking loudly on the bus, then telling people nearby to "stop listening" to them, ridiculously.

People pushing and skipping while queueing to get on a bus, even though everyone will get on.

[edit]
    Oh yeah, and inconsiderate smokers, especially if they're all clustered outside a pub, choking people trying to pass by.
    Still, it's better than the old days when you'd go into a pub just to use the jacks and come out 2 minutes later stinking of smoke, with your eyes burning.

And people who key cars. Worse than that, people who wreck bikes - you know, stamping on the wheels to bend them. That should be a capital offense.

... I guess that'll do for NOW :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pet hates, you say?
    - Crowded public transport, and trying to get a 17 to be in college at 9am... ugh :(
    - People who look down their nose at me because I work in a shop
    - People who think less of my opinion because I'm a girl
    - Small children in general
    - Snotty D4 mammies who think the world owes them something (working in Dundrum, you see a LOT of them)
    - UCD admin and AIB, dealing with both of them is like having teeth pulled with a rusty spork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Do you think the theme tune suggests unsophistication and unhipness?

I do.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement