Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pet Hates

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Ive thought of a few more:
    Airport Police that think they are 'real' police.
    'Rugby' fans.
    'Rugby'
    George Hook.
    George Hooks voice.
    George Hooks head.
    Coldplay.
    Oasis.
    Irish radio.
    drunken blokes peeing in the street.
    People laughing at their own jokes.
    People who push past you when your walking out of a doorway. Surely you should let people out before you go in. or is it just me?
    Complete strangers who walk up to you and ask something with out an 'excuse me' or a 'thanks'.
    taxi drivers complaining about their lot.
    taxi drivers pontificating about life the world and everything in it.
    traffic.
    hangovers.
    mondays.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ohh ya just reminded me, the buggers that just push past you trying to get on when your getting off a bus or stand in the way and expect you to get past them somehow to let them on...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

People who ask the dumbest questions...like the someone who just asked me why the excel spreadsheet I mailed him was printing out on 2 pages instead of just one. He'd printed it out twice (4 pages wasted) just to be sure it wasn't working for him.

Have you never heard of 'Print Preview'?
    Apparently not.

I had to teach him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

People who focus on the negative all the time. Where's the 'Pet Loves' thread?

Seriously though, people who say 'byebyebyebye byebyebye bye bye bye bye byebye' when ending a phone call is my #1 would-go-to-jail-for-you pet hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Boy Bands.
    Girl Bands.
    Louis Walsh.
    Smug fat git Brendan O Connor.
    Sinead O Connor.
    Gay Byrne.
    Smokers.
    Ex Smokers who have become anti-smoking crusaders.
    Careless Drivers.
    Taxi Drivers + Bus Drivers who will pull out in front of you with impunity.
    Private Bus operators who will pick up and let off passengers anywhere.
    Dopey pedestrians who will walk out in front of you.
    Know-alls that know f**k all.
    People who eat/chew gum/ breathe with their mouths hanging open.
    Shop assistants that can't even be bothered to try and look interested in dealing with you.
    Paying Road tolls when I've already paid for the use of the roads with Motor Tax.
    A Government who think up new ways to ride the PAYE sector on a daily basis.
    Skangers, knackers, wasters, and (a minority of foreigners) who scratch their arses in bed all day,
    whilst almost half my wages are removed from me, to ensure these gits can remain in bed.

Ands thats just for starters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

beans wrote:
    People who say 'byebyebyebye byebyebye bye bye bye bye byebye' when ending a phone call ...

Oh yeah. Im with you on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Drivers, or at least those who show no consideration for pedestrians or fellow drivers.

Gold card snobs who look down their nose at you when you are serving them at the till. (thank god I don't work in a supermarket any more)

People in college who constantly feel the need to prove how intelligent they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Being told you are in a bad mood when you are not (although it often puts you into one).
    Being asked to do something by someone, and then being instructed how to do it, as if you didn't know and making you want to let them do it themselves, seeing as they are such an expert.
    While doing one of a number of related jobs, being asked why you are not doing one of the other ones, or being told to do one of the others, knowing full well that if you were doing that one, that they'd be saying the same in the relation to the one you are doing.

(Un)reality TV.
    Daniel O'Donnell.
    Louis Walsh.
    Spyware, computer viruses and their creators.
    Being told the obvious.
    Tobacco Smoke.
    Irresponsible people (which covers a broad range of things like vandalism, petty crime, litter louts etc.)
    Travel lazy "It's too far" people - people who won't walk a "short" distance, like someone who will wait half an hour for a bus to go 2 or 3 stops, a distance they could easily have walked and in a fraction of the time.
    People who can't see common sense.
    Racism and blaming immigrants for things.
    The length of time it takes to get things done in this country.
    Being ripped off.

Lots more too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The "I can't go out tonight, it's raining" people. I have news for you: It does not rain inside pubs, clubs, cinemas, restaurants, cars, buses etc. The amount of time these people will be exposed to the rain is minimal, and they should have coats, umbrellas etc. They are not made of sugar.

"8 hour appointment" people. People who have to take the whole day off to attend an appointment that will only be a fraction of that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

1: Queues
    2: Waiting - for anything
    3: Self righteous people
    4: Mean(tight fisted) People
    5: Air Heads
    6: Slow people (not stupid people, people who are slow to react, slow to move - physically slow)
    7: Sheep - not the woolly creature, but people who will jump on the band wagon, and have no real opinion of their own.
    8: People who call themselves sinn fein/IRA supporters but have absolutely no clue of their history, or of politics, and merely spout a few one liners they hear their auld lad saying while watching a Celtic/Rangers match on the telly.
    9:Goth Kids - "Oh Look, I am asserting my individuality by looking exactly like every other Goth Kid, and I will only hang around with goth kids, in goth hang outs, and anyone who is not a goth is seriously just a total fcuking loser
    10: Scangers - "I have chosen to be a fcking scum bag, but I expect the rest of this countries population to pay for my decisions"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Foreign drivers of left hand drive cars overtaking on narrow roads. They have to maneuver half way across the road before they can even see if there is room to overtake. Had one of these in front of me from Limerick to Ennis, my neck still hurts from all the head shaking I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Flukey wrote:
    Being told you are in a bad mood when you are not (although it often puts you into one).
    i do this to my gf but its becasue she always is in a bad mood and just won't say it. after half an hour of asking, she says what's wrong and that's the end of it
    Flukey wrote:
    Being asked to do something by someone, and then being instructed how to do it, as if you didn't know and making you want to let them do it themselves, seeing as they are such an expert.
    While doing one of a number of related jobs, being asked why you are not doing one of the other ones, or being told to do one of the others, knowing full well that if you were doing that one, that they'd be saying the same in the relation to the one you are doing.
    you worked in a supermarket didn't you? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 snb

Baby on board stickers. WTF am I supposed to do with that info?

Well, the sign is rumoured to have come about from a car accident where a woman was pulled out of the wreckage & only later when the car was being removed , a baby seat was found. No one knew the child was in the car & hence the emergency services only looked after the mother.

The baby died & the sign was devised to advise other road users & emergency services to the possible presence of other, less visible people, in the instance of an accident.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/babysign.asp

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

cyclists on John Rogersons Quay where is a god-damn cycle lane on the footpath but insist on using the road - cyclist in general

work men who say they will turn up and you never see them again

micra drivers

stupid girly girls

stupid people in general

people at dinner parties who try to back you in a corner shouting things at you because you dont eat meat

men who say they will be phone and never do

the staff in tesco's clearwater

oh i could go on ................my company who are never refusing to pay me thirty hours overtime on a Technicality

Taxi Men

companies that advertise their products at a certain price and when you go to pay for it you have to add VAT on, and buy 50 other things to make it work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

irishbird wrote:
    cyclists on John Rogersons Quay where is a god-damn cycle lane on the footpath but insist on using the road - cyclist in general

I'm going to add Dublin Cycle Lanes to my list of pet hates, me being a cyclist. Paths are not for bikes. Mandatory cycle lanes should be useful facilities, not dangerous and badly-engineered diversions. But that's another thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

People who hover on the pavement/street :rolleyes:

Can you PLEASE get out of my way?:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

brits and racists. badum tish.

i actually hate former band members who see me alone when they are in a gang of 8 and decide to kick the crap out of me. yeah, you know who you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Elessar

Leaving a TINY drop of milk in the carton and putting it back in the fridge. JUST USE IT UP FOR CHRIST SAKE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Steyr wrote:
    In all fairness its there so you take notice of it and drive with caution and think twice, spa.

Absolutely bang on. Why, just the other day I was about to ram a car for no reason whatsoever when, about 4 inches from the back bumper I stopped as I saw such a sign. Wow, am I glad I saw that - boy my face would have been red.

Spa :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

*I get really annoyed when I open the margerine and there is clumps of crumbs and jam stuck inside by people being sloppy.

*Toilet seat being left up.

*Those goth kids that loiter around the youth cafe dressed in black with long greasy hair with Ameican accents even though they are from Salthil!?!.

* You ask someone on a bus/street who is blocking your right of way politely to get and they look at you and ignore you.

*Talking to people on the phone and making idle chit chat, really can't handle it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

people who fart inside the car and yet windows up and aircon's on!:mad:

Raekwon wrote:

Garda (there to inforce the law but think they are above the law!)

Road safety! my ar$e, have you seen the way they drive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 U R Soul

Traffic lights that go red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

U R Soul wrote: »

Really..
    2 years..for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

1: Shop assistints chatting and gossiping whwn im standing there waiting to be served

2:Being put on hold- gggrrrrrrrrrr

3.Storytoppers

4: People who pretend to follow football and have no clue of the rules or even whos playing

5: Women who stop in a group on the street to talk and ive to go out on the road to cross... im a woman and id never do this

6. Cafes that say "Toilets for customers only" - sick of having to buy something just to have a pee

7. Teenages who hang around mc donalds in their 100s and throw abuse at passers by- i mean WTF!!!

8. People who are cruel to animals- there is no excuse whatsoever

9. Parents who sit in a cafe eating and let their child run around the place throwing food and yelling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

People who are constantly in a hurry everywhere they go. walking really fast, speeding while driving, and getting annoyed just because not everyone is in as much of a hurry as they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Skangers who walk with their hand down their jocks. Seriously, what the hell is that one all about. Its usually accompanied by tracksuit tucked into the socks fad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

U R Soul wrote: »
    1. No, but traffic lights that go red and stay red until either some ridiculously long time-out (if at all) or a magnetic sensor detects a waiting car on the minor road. If you're a cyclist, sometimes your bicycle won't trigger the switch (even if you spend 30 seconds lying the bike on its side and waving it over the sensor) and you either wait indefinitely for a car to arrive going the same way to trip the switch, or you're forced to go out into the junction without the blessing of a green light, which isn't a great option if it's a quiet but fast major road with poor visibility on your right.

2. Pedestrian crossings which never automatically go green, but have a very long waiting period. The crossing at Supervalu at the junction of Collins Avenue and Howth Road might be green for cars for 10 minutes, then a pedestrian arrives and is forced to wait another full minute before he can cross. Then it automatically goes red after 10-15 seconds anyway.
    Since there's no timeout for cars but a short timeout for pedestrians, the waiting period for pedestrians should be much much lower (with a conditional delay to ensure that it doesn't trigger too often, e.g. by an entertained scanger whacking the button constantly). It's not really fair to make pedestrians wait a minute when the maximum cars have to wait is about 15 seconds, and most of the time they don't have to wait at all.

3. Drivers who interpret a learner sticker as a request to be bullied on the roads. I've been learning for a few months and almost anytime I take it out, I find people overtaking me at the speed limit (WTF?) and oncoming cars racing to 'commit' to the wrong side of the (thin) road when cars are parked on their side.
    It's already a bit unnerving just driving on my own on those roads, so it doesn't help to have another driver being pushy and occasionally forcing me to jam on the brakes when I had right of way. When they have right of way and I don't have room, I stop and give way!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement