Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking a lease aggreement

Options
  • 23-10-2006 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

The situation is this. I have signed a one year lease aggreement with 4 freinds on a house. Unfortunately since i signed the lease i have moved job and the house is 1 1/2 hour commute from where i work. I really would love to move (i have an offer of a room for €200 a month lower rent 15 mins away from work) but i am wondering what legal position am i /my flatmates in if i move

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The situation is this. I have signed a one year lease aggreement with 4 freinds on a house. Unfortunately since i signed the lease i have moved job and the house is 1 1/2 hour commute from where i work. I really would love to move (i have an offer of a room for €200 a month lower rent 15 mins away from work) but i am wondering what legal position am i /my flatmates in if i move
    can you find someone else to replace you that your flatmates will agree on? Maybe they know someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 itsagirlthing

finding someone new to take the room should not be a problem. Can we just switch the name on the lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

finding someone new to take the room should not be a problem. Can we just switch the name on the lease?
    have a chat with the landlord first and let them know what you're doing...I can't see them being too fussed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I think we discussed it before here and figured that the Act allows you to substitute someone new on the lease and the landlord must accept this unless they have a good reason.. But you should check this yourself.

Advertisement