Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

photos

• 23-10-2006 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭

First time in here so be gentle with me :)

This is going to sound sooo vain and i apologise in advance i can assure you that as far from the truth!!

Ok basically i look ****e in photos. Not a big deal i manage to avoid them as much as possible. But the bf wants some of us together.

And to be honest i do too. Dont get me wrong i think i am average looking but whatever it is about photos i think i look deformed. my nose looks crooked, my eyes look turned in and my face looks thin and drawn!

I'd love to have a nice photo of myself and the other half (i'm 32 and i dont have one photo of myself with any previous partners!!) but i just look terrible!!.

Anyone any tips on taking a nice photo apart from a paper bag? :D

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

'Tis all in your head, you're a beautiful woman Trinity.

Temple Bar have a few photography studios that could easily accomodate your request. Sorry I can't offer more in the way of names or numbers, perhaps try the photography forum here for a few contacts.

Alternatively, grab a friend with a decent camera and take complete artistic licence yourself? Get a nice mix of indoor and outdoor shots in your favourite places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ask in the photography forum, some of the chaps or ladies there will be more than happy to help you I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Trinity1 wrote:

Anyone any tips on taking a nice photo apart from a paper bag? :D

Thanks in advance.

not on taking photos,
    but listen some people are just not photogenic, no matter what they try do/look. don't worry about it.
    my advice is to invest in a copy of Photoshop. You will never have that trouble again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

Use a secondary light source apart from the rooms lighting (like a desk lamp) Diffuse the light with some grease proof paper over it. Place it beneath and in front of your face to eliminate shadows which might make you look drawn or tired. Do not use flash. A standard camera flash is a nasty, harsh light. Use ambiant lighting only. Also see if taking a shot looking slightly down from above, slightly up from below, on slightly from one side helps. It's amazing how effective a little change in perspective from the standard head on, red eyed, rabbit in the headlights photo can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Thanks guys :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Most people consider themselves non-photogenic and often squirm looking at themsleves in photos. It's one of those things I guess. Very few people have any notion of what other people find attractive about them, so your crooked nose, turned in eyes, and thin face may well be alarmingly attractive to other people who might seem them as as a nose with character, expressionful eyes, and a sculpted visage :)

But the low-lighting sounds like a good idea anyway, regardless of supermodel status :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

MojoMaker wrote:
    Most people consider themselves non-photogenic and often squirm looking at themsleves in photos. It's one of those things I guess. Very few people have any notion of what other people find attractive about them, so your crooked nose, turned in eyes, and thin face may well be alarmingly attractive to other people who might seem them as as a nose with character, expressionful eyes, and a sculpted visage :)

But the low-lighting sounds like a good idea anyway, regardless of supermodel status :D

LOL you're mad :D

Low lighting = dark. Thats the best idea yet !!

Advertisement