Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiss - Rock the Nation - DVD

• 23-10-2006 3:27pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I watched this DVD over the weekend and was impressed. A couple of weeks ago I started to get into Kiss whilst hearing their Best of CD. The live DVD was excellent - I didn't realise how much they rock. A number of times I thought that they could easily be mistaken for Metallica with a couple of the earlier heavy riffs (minus the singing).

Gene Simmons seems to hardly move his fingers whilst playing bass, i.e. he just moves his whole hand using just the middle finger to play the note. Kind of strange style i.e. amateur-ish... but at least it works.

Anyone else like Kiss? They are now one of my fav bands! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Kiss Rule baby !
    TK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I have nothing against kiss the band, i just hate how they do a Krusty on it and put their name on anything. I'm so sick or seeing the latest Kiss obscure product on blabbermouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Morf wrote:
    I have nothing against kiss the band, i just hate how they do a Krusty on it and put their name on anything. I'm so sick or seeing the latest Kiss obscure product on blabbermouth

Actually, thats funny, as Krusty the Clown gained a lot of inspiration from KISS. And, I have nothing against KISS, i personally taught the 80s 'cock rock' sessions were some of the best...I was never a fan of a band who hid behind makeup (that incls. Mushroomhead, Slipknot, Mudvayne etc) and I think overall they're a great band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

They should have given up after the Psycho Circus tour, and now with Eric in Peter's make up and Tommy Thayer in Ace's its just a tribute band to themselves really. Still love em though, i just prefer it when the right members are in the right make up. If they all took it off and toured as Kiss, then it would be grand, but other people using the make up is just wring, its like when they replace an actor in a TV show and just continue on without mentioning it, its annoying.

Eighties Kiss were great, Vinnie Vincent is the (oddly feminine) man for getting them started again by cowriting and playing on most of the songs on Creatures of The Night, theyve never acknowleged that though, the cover had Ace on it, then when they reissued is years later with a different cover, Bruce was on it!

In other news...Has anyine heard Paul's new album Live To Win? At first i was like, what the hell is this emo shìte, but now its really grown in me and i love it, especially when he hums in one song and your mind conjours the image of his face coming straight at you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

KISS has got to be one of the best bands on the planet and Paul Stanleys current solo tour in the states is well received www.paulstanley.com

Paul said in a recent interview that Gene Simmons´ big mouth doesn´t help KISS but that there is nothing he can do about it really.

There are two more DVDs I would recommend:

1. KISS - The second coming
    2. KISS - Symphony

• Advertisement
Advertisement