Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shark (US 2006)

• 23-10-2006 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

I have read a description of it as being a courtroom version of House which means it should be popular in my house.

Has anyone here managed to get a look at it and formed a view ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Saw the pilot and it didn't grab me like the House pilot or even any of the recent fall pilots.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Seen the first four and I like it. Shark isn't a real misanthrophist/bastard the way House is though, so don't expect it. He can be quite sharp with his colleagues, tearing strips off them when they screw up but he's more a people person.

There's also family moments with his daughter, nothing that I've seen in 'House' (I'm halfway through S1 of that show) which are fine for what they are.

Worth checking out, just don't expect such a sour git as everyone's favourite doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's a pretty good show allright. I have never seen House so can't compare it to that. It's been compared to Justice (another new Lawyer show) but I think Shark is better than that. Episode 4 was quite good, gives some detail and insight into Stark's past.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

jor el wrote:
    It's been compared to Justice (another new Lawyer show) but I think Shark is better than that.
    I don't think they should be compared too much as they're only similiar in the sence they're both about law teams composed principally of younger people headed up a more experienced man.

'Justice' is on the side of the defence and quite different as a result. It's also far too slick, nauesatingly so really - it's as if someone got the flashiness of 'CSI' and multiplied it ten fold with insane CGI zooms and swipes at times. There's also a greater degree of smugness with that show, as if the team are insufferingly self-pleased with themselves all the time (they're not really a likeable cast). I had to stop watching to be honest.

Whereas 'Shark' has a bit more of a down-to-earth feel, despite the lead's sprawling mansion. It's not in the same vein of gritiness DA action as "Law & Order" but has enough groundness to be worth keeping with. IMHO of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ixoy wrote:
    It's also far too slick, nauesatingly so really - it's as if someone got the flashiness of 'CSI' and multiplied it ten fold with insane CGI zooms and swipes at times.
    Justice is created by Jerry Bruckheimer, hence the CSI familiarity. I agree though, it does seem to go overboard with the smugness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement