Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Digital Camcorders

Options
  • 23-10-2006 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a Digital Camcorder in the next couple of months.... Yes yes a little christmas pressie to me... (To Dammer, from Dammer,... Love Dammer XXX)

It would mainly be used for outdoors stuff, holidays general messing about. My budget is about 500-700 yoyos max. Needs decent battery life though. And would prefer a High capacity HDD

Anyway I was looking at the HDD ones in Argos, Dixons and a couple of online shops. JVC seem to do the most HDD camcorders and there were a couple of Sony's, but I am not too familar with Camcorder specs.

So if any of you have any opnions, on what sort of min. Spec I should be looking for I would appreciate it. Or if anyone can reccomend a model they own even?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

hey dammer,
    i have a JVC Everio MG60 20GB HDD camcorder and i am very pleased with it. takes 2 Megapixel stills also so doubles as a digital camera, saved me buying a new one. its very easy to create a DVD as it has Cyberlink DVD producer and director software with it. i haven't done much editing, just straight to DVD.
    i got it for 660 delivered from Germany back in February. the site was www.digiwowo.net. heard some bad stories about them but everything was good with them. had it in a few days.
    JVC have a new MG-505 out now which looks the biz. there is no 3CCD on the MG-60. i think the MG-505 is High Definition as well so you would be getting an excellent camera. battery that comes with them has only 50 mins run time but i bought a 4 hour battery on ebay for 25 euro, happy days! you can also use a SD card for the stills but there is no need for one, as they can go straight to the HDD. suppose that would be handy for printing pics or something. the 10X zoom is OK but without a tripod it can be shaky.
    anyways best of luck with it. have a look around though and don't panic into it.;)
    I don't know much about the Sonys but i seen they have a new High Definition mini dv one out which looks very good. seen an ad for it on the National Geographic channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

oh ya, keep away from the high street shops, they'll rob ya. the time i bought my MG60, Dixons had a MG40(lower spec) for near 1,200 euro! RIP OFF!

Advertisement