Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Bamboo..

Options
  • 23-10-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi: does anybody know where I might get some bamboo? I need something like the offerings on http://www.ukbamboosupplies.com/. (Maybe 2 m long with a 50-80mm diameter). I just need a small quantity (perhaps 4 poles) so it's not worth paying the GBP50 Irish shipping charge. I have tried some of the garden centres and building suppliers - woodies, chadwicks, mackeys, etc. but have had no joy - they all stock only the thin variety - maybe 10-15mm. Does anybody know of a source in Dublin or elsewhere in Ireland for 50-80mm diameter bamboo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Scalpwood Nurseries, Enniskerry Road opposite Sports Hotel/Artificial Ski slope have a wide range of bamboos and very good prices.

Advertisement