Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do I Check My Eircom Bb Usage

Options
  • 23-10-2006 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

New flatmate wants to use the BB and I can't use the original CD as its broken...furthermore I would like to keep an eye on the downloads to make sure we don't go over the limits.

Many thanks for helping.

My latest problem is that we feel we can set up without the disc but that I can't seem to find/remember my network key

Muppetry, I concede, but Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the first thing to do is check the broadband FAQ here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=246317

the next thing to do is ring eircom.net support and ask them. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Alright thanks Vibe.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭xbox360dublin

eircom still dont charge for going over the limits so i wouldnt worry about that yet, i would keep checking boards though as im sure as soon as they begin to charge we will be let know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

broadbandsupport.eircom.net

put in your tel no. and account number... and away you go

edit: just saw other link... oopsy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭confetti

eircom still dont charge for going over the limits so i wouldnt worry about that yet, i would keep checking boards though as im sure as soon as they begin to charge we will be let know

this for real?? they do not charge extra for going over your download limit for month? and do they subtract it from the next month or anything??
    this cannot be true????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

confetti wrote:
    this for real?? they do not charge extra for going over your download limit for month? and do they subtract it from the next month or anything??
    this cannot be true????
    They don't bother hassling you for the odd couple of Gig. If you try to download 120G a month on a 10 Gig cap, they'll charge you for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

IT Loser wrote:
    New flatmate wants to use the BB and I can't use the original CD as its broken...furthermore I would like to keep an eye on the downloads to make sure we don't go over the limits.
    You don't need to install any software on to access the broadband, so you don't need the eircom CD.

You'll find information about checking your usage on the eircom support site.
    My latest problem is that we feel we can set up without the disc but that I can't seem to find/remember my network key
    Connect to the router with an ethernet cable and change the key. Better yet, change the encryption method yo WPA - WEP is a waste of time.

Foxwood wrote:
    They don't bother hassling you for the odd couple of Gig. If you try to download 120G a month on a 10 Gig cap, they'll charge you for it.

ah ok, that's cool. i've been watching it closely cos i heard they charge 4cent per MB over the limit which can work out to be quite expensive!

eircom havent charged anyone yet for over usage on their lines, my mam works there in the customer services department, she is relatively new there and in her training they were told that they dont charge yet!

i have never been charged and i double my limit each month, around 60gbs on a 30gb line. although im sure they will start charging soon!

i dunno i wouldnt risk it anyway, them bastards will backcharge it at some stage and i cant afford to pay a HUGE bill, so i'm not risking it, 20 gigs is enough for anyone anyway isn't it??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

confetti wrote:
    20 gigs is enough for anyone anyway isn't it??
    Some months it is, some months it is way too little.

20gbs is defo not enough, well for me anyway, i download a lot of demos alone through xbox360, some come in at over 1gb each, plus the high def game trailers, i think id use 10gbs a month through xbox live alone, without surfing or any other usage

Advertisement